Chapter Four

*picture of Zynthéa (pronounced Cynthia but with a Z)  

LYRA
________

I thought about my Wolf and focused really hard on getting her to take over. I surprised myself when it actually worked. My clothes shredded in to pieces in front of me and soon I was standing on all fours in my furry form.

Excitement raced through me and I admired my Wolf briefly before I returned my focus back on the task at hand. I wasn't sure what gave me the confidence, but I mustered all the energy that I had and sprinted toward the metal bar as fast as I could.

Pain cursed through my whole body when I came in contact with the bars. I could now understand what Adam had meant about the bars hurting me. The bars radiated electrical currents on impact. But when I saw the dent on the bars, I realised my efforts had taken an effect.

Ignoring the pain that coursed through my body every time I came in touch with the bar, I continued to attack the metals until I had created enough space for my small figure to escape through.

By this point, I felt like my body was on fire. My bones were aching and I thought I would pass out at any given moment, but the fear of having to return back to Gabriel and being stuck between the two packs, was enough motivation for me to hang on. I needed to escape.

I had to escape.

Luckily for me, the cell that I had placed in was one in isolation— unless this pack didn't have any prisoners, which was impossible. Every pack had at least one prisoner, at least one captured Rogue.

My escape was suspiciously easy. Aside from the fact that I wasn't sure where I was headed, leaving the underground prison had been a piece of cake. I decided to head toward the woods, not the safest place for a Wolf, but at least I wouldn't be out in the open.

I wasn't sure how long I ran for, but at a certain point, I reached the end of the woods. My eyes widened in surprise at the clearing that I had reached. Unlike Pale Moon, that was mostly covered by plain fields and forests, this pack had waterfalls. The sound of the water brought a sense of calmness.

I hadn't seen anything so beautiful in my entire life. I was surprised even more to find the place empty. If this had been at Pale Moon, I was sure the area would have been occupied.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I jumped ever so slightly, not realising that I had been joined by someone else. The beauty of the nature must have distracted me.

Turning my gaze to where the sound came from, I watched in awe at how beautiful the girl next to me was. 

Her golden long wavy hair brushed past her elbows, her pale skin glowed and she seemed to be around the same height as me, but I wasn't completely sure in my Wolf form. Her blue marble eyes turned their focus on me. She had been watching the waterfall by my side.

"You're not from here," she stated, her voice sweet.

I didn't do anything, but simply stood there and watched her. I was distracted by her beauty that I had almost forgotten about my plan to escape.

"And you're not a Rogue," she continued, and then reached out her hand to touch my fur.

At first, I cowered back a little, but when her hand ever so gently brushed the fur on my neck, I relaxed.

"Who are you?" she asked, curiosity in her eyes. "Are you going to shift?"

I made no plans to. Frankly, I wasn't sure if I would be safe in my human form, but the girl didn't seem like a threat. In fact, she seemed really sweet.