Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

The Beginning of the End

I stared at the laptop on my bed scouring the internet for some information that could lead me to the truth

Over a year of knowing I wasn't who my parents said that I was, and still I'd turned up nothing new on what had really happened sixteen years ago after my birth.

Sixteen.

I was going to find my soulmate soon, and while that thought excited me, I was also terrified of what that would mean for my future.  Would he take me away somewhere away from my family?

Would he let me continue to find out what had happened to my birth family?

My little sister's excited shriek hit my eardrums and I shut my computer quickly after exiting out of all of my search tabs. Only one person could've made Elise that happy, and he'd been gone for over a year.

"Simon!"

I was out of my room and downstairs in a heartbeat.

My older brother stood in the center of our living room with a grin splitting his face apart.

There were those features that looked nothing like mine that I'd memorized over the years.

He'd gotten taller. His body had filled out, and the muscles lining his large arms were about to break his t-shirt in half.

"Come on, give your big bro a hug!"

"Simon! I'm so glad you're home! Elise has been driving me crazy bugging me while you were gone."

I slammed into the warmth and safety of my big brother's hug as tears prickled behind my eyes.

Do not cry. Do not cry.

Shit. I was crying.

Simon ruffled my hair while Elise stepped forward for her hug, too.

I ended up breathing in a strand of her blonde hair on accident and swatted her away playfully but she only held on tighter.

"How's Arctic Delta been without me?"

"Cold, boring, and sad. How was Beta training?"

Simon pulled away from his two sisters with a smug grin on his face.

"I put all of those sorry wolves on their asses."

"Sure, you did," I joked with him.

Simon was strong, but he definitely wasn't the strongest wolf yet, not even in our own pack, even if he was destined to become the second in our werewolf community.

Upstate Washington was home to a secret world of wolves living on the fringe of society and wilderness and the humans living here were none the wiser about five hundred werewolves thriving right on their doorstep.

Despite my family coming from a fallen pack where my parents were the only survivors, we had been taken in by Arctic Delta and positioned second to the Alpha family considering the status of my father in his previous pack.