Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Arctic Delta

I spent the rest of the afternoon after changing and freshening up in the kings' study, preparing for my new mission into the Arctic Delta pack

We had been combing over all new research about the changes within the pack since new leadership had arisen and I had even called my mother and father to give them a cover up story.

The story I had chosen to go with was that I had attempted to become an Elite warrior these past five years, and that I'd been at Moon Valley Bane the whole time, giving me no connection to the royal crown at all.  

I told them that I lost my last battle before becoming Elite, but an Intermediate mark was still nothing to laugh at.  I told them that was why I couldn't contact them which was the total truth. 

I also said that I missed them and my old life (partially true, not all) and that a guy here had broken my heart which finally made me decide to return home, very cliche but they believed it when I added some tears.

Lastly all I needed to do was to ask them details about the inner workings of the pack without seeming too suspicious, so of course I opted to call my little sister for the more sneaky things happening that mom and dad would be too oblivious to.

"Well, Alpha Jackson finally found his mate, but I don't really think  they're true mates if you ask me.  Anytime they're around each other they look like they couldn't care less about the other.  And Alpha Jackson seems like he likes Lyssa a little too much still.  I heard a rumor that they hook up behind Angie's back!"

"Oh how awful, I wished better for our poor Alpha." 

My voice was dripping with sarcasm but Elise didn't seem to notice, she was far too busy telling me of all the juicy details.  

I hadn't told her about what Jackson had done to me, and it seemed my parents hadn't either.  It was better that way—she was only eleven when it had happened.

She was a little under five years younger than me, since I was four when my adoptive parents had found me and my mother was pregnant with Elise back then, so now she was almost eighteen and I was sad to think about all the birthdays that I'd missed.  

Shaking off the guilt, I tried my best to listen to whatever else she had to tell me.

An hour later and the most juicy details I had gotten from her were the rumors about Jackson cheating on his own mate, no surprise there, but I wasn't anywhere near close to Infernum Canis.  

Nikolai, who had told me that I could call him Nik, was on the same trail as me—nowhere, so we decided to get some rest and take a nap and get our things packed.  We had an early flight, at two in the morning to be exact.

I was walking back to my room when I bumped into a rigid figure.  A figure that sent tingles and fire spreading all down my body.  

"King Julian, I am so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going."

icon lock

Show your support for Kristen Oldham, and continue reading this story

by Kristen Oldham
@kristentaylor16
Training to become an elite warrior after her soulmate brutally rejec...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 42 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @kristentaylor16.