twenty-eight

A.N sorry for not updating!!! book is finishing soon and i'm trying to think of an ending... ahahahha, sorry for a short chapter. i'm a horrible author i know. sorry for this filler chapter

   It was Friday, the day where Athena would go with Alejandro as his date. To say she was excited was an understatement, she had woken up very early to get ready for the day. She had gotten Clarissa to come over during lunchtime to help her get prepared, they had to arrive just in time when the ball starts and she was shaking with nerves. Drew, like the good boy he was, slept for most of the time as his mother got prepared for one of the biggest night of her life.

   Clarissa and Athena practised multiple times of what she going to say, how to walk and even watched youtube videos to find a nice and easy style for how her hair and makeup was going to be before deciding on the best one. Clarissa, the fairy godmother of the night, practised countlessly on what makeup look she would get. When Athena had asked what would she wear, Alejandro had told her before he got it covered and she could pay for half of it. Reluctantly, she had agreed and waited for Alejandro's package to arrive. 

  She fiddled with her fingers as Clarissa touched up on her hair, soft wavy curls that was half up and half down in  a bun and framed her face as tiny tendrils escape the wavy bun. It was the fifth trial and was the favorite of them, although they did not know what was the dress color, they dded a tiny floral piece on the bun. They had decided that her make up would be simple and only include foundation, eyeliner, mascara and a  cat eye. She knew that everyone else would have much more luxurious make up and dresses, but being simplistic was much easier than carrying tonnes of make up on her face. 

   Clarissa commented that she was a natural beauty and did not need too much makeup. Athena blushed, but allowed Clarissa to work her magic as Drew was sleeping on her bed, not aware of his surroundings. Athena fiddled with the hems of her shirt, a pit of nervousness seeping into her stomach as the minutes ticked by quickly. 

    "You will confess your feelings about him tonight, tell him you're sorry and that you never meant to hurt him," Clarissa told her friends sternly, Athena nodded and began to think of ways to tell him. The thought alone made her heart beat quicker and her hands turn clammy. She was scared, thinking he'd reject her or worse, find someone else. She didn't know what was worse. It haunted her for the next hour. Clarissa continued to give small pep talks to Athena, encouraging and soothing her feelings as they prepped for the night. 

  Drew had woken up throughout this time, his eyes filled with curiosity as he sat on his mother's lap, fiddling with the loose strands of her hair as Clarissa perfected  neat bun with strands of hair flowing onto Athena's face. Athena cuddled with her bundle of joy, pressing kisses to his chubby cheeks and bursts of laughter escaped his mouth, soothing her jitters slightly. 

   Half an hour later, a knock startles the small group, confused, Athena carried Drew to the door and Clarissa opened it, no one was there. But, to their surprise, a medium sized cardboard box sat on the foot of the door with a tiny piece of paper and a single white rose with a long stem. Athena's heart pounded, handing Drew to Clarissa, she bent down and picked up the box, carried back into the apartment and settled on the couch. 

   Surprise laced her features as she wondered what the box contained.

   "Open it," Clarissa said, holding a wiggling Drew in her arms. With a deep breath, Athena peeled back the sticky tape and slowly opened the parcel. 

   Covered in tissue paper, she removed the white thin wrapping and took out the contents from the box. Her eyes had begun to wet with her tears, forcing them back she looked at the beautiful masterpiece of a blush pink dress that trailed down from the waist. Clarissa's eye widened at the sight of the delicate fabric and looked at how Athena's eyes softened with happiness. Athena's attention was solely on the dress, loving the feel of the soft fabric against her fingertips, it was backless and had a slightly tight top part, it looked almost elegant and fit for a princess. It made regret and guilt return into her heart at the thought of Alejandro picking something so beautiful, and allowing her to wear it even though she had hurt him deeply. 

   "Go on wear it," Clarissa ushered to Athena who was still entranced with her dress, not caring if she was ruining her makeup slightly as she allowed some tears to trail down her red cheeks. Athena looked at her excited friend and a giggling Drew and nodded before rushing off to her bathroom to change. 

   Athena almost cried at the sight of the beautiful dress that showcased her curves. She sniffled at the beauty and ran her fingers along her waist, admiring how it suited her and how Alejandro had bought this for her and took his time to find it. The dress made her feel beautiful, although her make-up was smudged from crying, she felt something bubble inside of her chest as she stared at her reflection. She looked like a princess with the dress and her hair tied up. She adored how the dress suited her skin tone and made her looked brighter, complexion wise. 

But, she felt terrible inside, knowing how much she had hurt him. She felt utterly guilty for saying those words to him, albeit they weren't horrible, but they went against everything she felt for him. She suddenly began to feel nervous for the outcome of the night and released a shaky sigh before walking out of the bathroom to show Clarissa who was sitting on the couch playing with Drew.

    "Holy shit," Clarissa gasped at the sight of Athena who nervously entered the room.

    "Mouth Clarissa," Athena scolded her as her cheeks warmed up from her friend's gaze. Drew stopped wiggling around to face his mother and beamed happily at the sight of her, stretching his arms up, begging for attention as he continued to look at his beautiful mother.

   "Even Drew thinks you look beautiful," Clarissa commented as Athena picked up Drew and spun him around, earning giggles from him. 

    "Thank you baby," she whispered to him and planted another kiss to his face and snuggled him into her side.

    "You look beautiful Athena, Alejandro would be stupid if he didn't snatch you up tonight," Clarissa smirked. Athena became a deep shade of red at her friend's comment and a small smile painted itself on her lips at the thought of Alejandro.

   "Surely there would be better looking girl at the gala," she replied humbly, settling on the couch next to her friend who shook her head in dismay.

    "You're going to out run those rich chicks, Alejandro won't be able to take his eyes off you," her friend replied back, a sly grin on her lips as she stared at a blushing Athena.

   "Stop it Clarissa," she mumbled to her friend who began laughing loudly as she ran back to the room and returned with her bag filled with her make up.

   "Okay, okay, now let's retouch on your make-up,"

-