Welcome to Hogwarts...

Narrator's POV

Six years later, Anaelle —going under Luna Lovegood— and her three friends got their Hogwarts Letters during the summer of 1991 and went shopping at Diagon Alley with Neville's parents.

On September 1, the group of four friends got off the train at Hogsmeade and followed the group of other first years into the small wooden boats and into the school as the sun set.

The first years were pulled away by Hagrid —who's chalkboard read "FIRST YEARS OVER HERE"— and they were introduced to Professor McGonagall, who explained the houses to them with an obviously clear favoring towards Gryffindor.

They were lead into the Great Hall and waited to be sorted.

Suddenly, the Sorting Hat began to sing, "Oh you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me. You can keep your bowlers black, your top hats sleek and tall, for I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and I can cap them all. There's nothing hidden in your head the Sorting Hat can't see, so try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be. You might belong in Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve, and chivalry set Gryffindors apart; you might belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil; or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning, will always find their kind; or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends, those cunning folks use any means to achieve their ends. So put me on! Don't be afraid! And don't get in a flap! You're in safe hands —though I have none— for I'm a Thinking Cap!"

"Hannah Abbott." Professor McGonagall called out, reading from a list and small girl climbed up the steps and sat on the stool while the hat was placed on her head

"Hufflepuff!" The hat cried out

"Susan Bones."

"Hufflepuff!"

"Terry Boot."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Mandy Brocklehurst."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Lavender Brown."

"Gryffindor!"

"Millicent Bullstrode."

"Slytherin!"

"Michael Corner."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Stephen Cornfoot."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Vincent Crabbe."

"Slytherin!"

"Tracey Davis."

"Slytherin!"

"Fay Dunbar."

"Gryffindor!"

"Kevin Entwhistle."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Justin Finch-Fletchley."

"Hufflepuff!"

"Seamus Finnigan."

"Gryffindor!"

"Hermione Franqui."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Anthony Goldstein."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Gregory Goyle."

"Slytherin!"

"Daphne Greengrass."

"Slytherin!"

"Wayne Hopkins."

"Hufflepuff!"

"Megan Jones."

"Hufflepuff!"

"Neville LeStrange."

"Slytherin!"

"Su Li."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Luna Lovegood." Deputy Headmistress McGonagall called out

Tom's full attention was caught as he watched his little girl climb up the few steps to the stool.

Oh, how she had gown since he had last saw her: her black hair was extremely curled —not to Bellatrix's level, but still curled; her green eyes were the exact same shade as the Killing Curse; and it was clear she was going to have his height, well a little shorter, most likely.

But he knew the rest of the room saw the blonde and blue eyed Luna Lovegood.

"Ravenclaw!" The Sorting Hat called out, the Ravenclaw symbol now proudly on her robe as she walked to her new table

"Ha." Tom thought to himself, "Harry was right, my angel is a Ravenclaw."

The Dark Lord's heart stung as he watched her walk on her own, last he had seen she was still clinging to solid objects for support.

The heart continued to ache as he realized how many firsts he had missed: he never saw her use cutlery on her own, her first steady steps, her first time speaking a simple sentence, reciting the ABCs correctly, count to a high number, learn to read and write, comforted her after a nightmare and let her sleep in between Harry and himself, nor any of the other amazing firsts a father could witness from his daughter.

Tom glared at the youngest Weasley boy, who had been sorted in Gryffindor while the Dark Lord was deep in thought and it was easy to say if looks could kill that ginger would be dead.

His gaze going back to his daughter, he thought of the rest of his family, of his son who had been forced to take the roll that he should have been there to have and of how heartbroken his darling must be.

Mentally calling himself a lousy father and horrible spouse for not being there for his children and husband, a thought hit him like a pile of bricks: he had become his father.

The thought brewed in his mind for the rest of the feast and he lost his appite, but soon enough the meal was over and people were flooding out of the dining hall —Dumbledore first to go— but Tom sat there, waiting to make his exit.

Soon enough only two people were left in the room: him and Anaelle.

The Ravenclaw skipped towards him, her curls bouncing as she climbed the steps of the teachers' platform and was standing next to him.

Before Tom's mind could process what was happening, she kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear, "I missed you, papa." and skipped out as quickly as she came to rejoin her fellow Ravenclaw First Years

"My Lord?" Qurriell's cowardly voice asked in the back of the body Tom was using

"Shut up, Qurriell." He growled in thought, his hand on the spot where she had kissed his cheek...