Malfoy vs Weasley...

Narrator's POV

The rest of the school year and the summer went by in a flash and the new school year was approaching.

Like always, Anaelle went supply shopping with Severus, the Malfoys and LeStranges, but Lucius seemed very stressed and terrified, but he managed to hide it well.

Everything went normally until they entered Flourish and Blotts, they saw to their surprise a large crowd outside the doors, trying to get in.

The reason for this was proclaimed by a large banner stretched across the upper windows: "GILDEROY LOCKHART will be signing copies of his autobiography 'MAGICAL ME' today 12:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M."

"We can actually meet him!" Hermione squealed, causing Severus to glare at his goddaughter, "I mean, he's written almost the whole booklist!"

A long line wound right to the back of the shop, where Gilderoy Lockhart  was signing his books.

Each child grabbed a copy of 'The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2' and sneaked up the line to where the adults were standing in line.

As the approached the front, Gilderoy Lockhart —who Anaelle immediatly recognized as her papa possessing Gilderoy —  came slowly into view, seated at a table surrounded by large pictures of his own face, all winking and flashing dazzlingly white teeth at the crowd.

Lockhart was wearing blue robes that exactly matched his eyes and his pointed wizard's hat was set at a jaunty angle on his wavy hair.

A short, angry man was dancing around taking photographs with a large black camera that emitted puffs of purple smoke with every blinding flash.

Gilderoy Lockhart looked up and saw Ron in the crowd far ahead of the group of two Slytherins and two Ravenclaws, he leapt to his feet and shouted, "It can't be Ronald Weasley?"

The crowd parted, whispering excitedly; Lockhart dived forward, seized Ron's arm, and pulled him to the front.

The crowd burst into applause.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Gilderoy said loudly, waving for quiet, "What an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time! When young Ronald here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, he only wanted to buy my autobiography —which I shall be happy to present him now, free of charge." The crowd applauded again, "He had no idea, that he would shortly be getting much, much more than my book, 'Magical Me'. He and his schoolmates will, in fact, be getting the real magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that this September, I will be taking up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

The crowd cheered and clapped and Ron found himself being presented with the entire works of Gilderoy Lockhart while Anaelle sent her papa a pitiful look.

Staggering slightly under their weight, he managed to make his way out of the limelight to the edge of the room, where Ginny was standing next to her new cauldron.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Weasley?" Neville sneered at Ron, "Famous Ron Weasley, can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."

"Leave him alone, he didn't want all that!" Ginny defended

"Not as surprised as I am to see you in a shop, Weasley," Draco taunted, "I suppose your parents will go hungry for a month to pay for all those."

Ron walked toward Draco, hands balled into fists, but Arthur Weasley grabbed the back of his jacket.

"Ron!" Mr. Weasley said, "What are you doing? It's too crowded in here, let's go outside."

"Well, well, well, Arthur Weasley." Lucius sneered

"Lucius." Arthur said, nodding coldly

"Busy time at the Ministry, I hear, all those raids —I hope they're paying you overtime?" Lucius taunted, reaching into Ginny's cauldron and extracted a very old, very battered copy of 'A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration', "Obviously not," Mr. Malfoy said. "Dear me, what's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?"

"We have a very different idea of what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." Arthur replied, both right-hand-men of their respective leaders on opposite sides of the war glared daggers into the other

"Clearly," Lucius replied, his eyes straying to Dean and Seamus' parents —which were made up three muggles and one witch— who were watching the scene unfold, "the company you keep, Weasley —and I thought your family could sink no lower."

There was a thud of metal as Ginny's cauldron went flying as Mr. Weasley threw himself at Lucius, knocking him backward into a bookshelf.

Dozens of heavy spellbooks came thundering down on all them, Mrs. Weasley was shrieking, "No, Arthur, no!"

While, the crowd stampeded backward, knocking more shelves over, the assistant called out, "Gentlemen, please-please!"

"Break it up, there, gentlemen, break it up." Hagrid's chalkboard wrote, as he walked toward them and in an instant he had pulled Mr. Weasley and Lucius apart

Mr. Weasley had a cut lip and Lucius had been hit in the eye by a copy of 'Encyclopedia of Toadstools'.

"Here, girl, take your book —it's the best your father can give you." Lucius replied, thrusting the book bask at Ginny, but the Nargels pointed out to Anaelle that another book had been added to the pile

The Weasleys, Thomases, and Finnegans stormed out of the shop to end the scene that had been created by the two men's fighting...