Chapter Twenty-Eight

I'm sorry that this chapter is short! I was running out of time and I really wanted to get this updated today. I still made my deadline goal though, even if it is 11:42 PM where I live. :P Hahaha. Anyways, this has gotten over 100,000 reads so I need to find something super special to do to celebrate! I need ideas.

This chapter is dedicted to BelWatson because she's my best friend on Wattpad. She's pretty much awesome. She went to an All Time Low concert and thought of this story because she knew that Ariella (and me too) loved All Time Low. I was all like "ROCK ONNNN! \m/ " because I love it when people think of my story even when they're not on Wattpad.

So, this is a pretty long Author's Note. I hope everyone read it... That would be phenomiNIALL. (I've never used that word before, but I felt like that would be the perfect chance to) SOOOO, I HOPE ALL OF Y'ALL LIKE THIS CHAPTER EVEN THOUGH IT'S SHORT. D: Don't hate me please.

Love, RelentlessChaos <3

-----------------------------

Ariella’s POV

                                                I looked at Niall in confusion as his face fell. Tears started forming in his eyes. If you have ever seen Niall cry, then you know that it’s one of the worst things to witness. It’s so heartbreaking.

Niall cried as he hung up the phone. He pulled me into a hug and I just rubbed his back.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“Delilah’s dying,” He sobbed.

Shock set in. I said nothing. Niall and I sat together and cried. Right then, I did something that I hadn’t in a long time. I prayed. I prayed for Delilah’s healing. Niall and I both held hands and kept our heads bowed as we were on our knees outside of his parents’ house.

Once we were done, we both wiped our tears away. Niall kissed my forehead.

“James wants us to go visit her,” He said.

“Can we go now?” I asked.

He nodded his head and we got in his car.

The ride to the hospital was silent. I bit on my nails out of nervousness. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn’t even realize we were parked.

“Come on, Ariella,” Niall said quietly.

He opened my door for me and we walked into the hospital together, hand-in-hand.

A woman behind the counter examined us.

“Are you here to see someone?” She asked as if she were bored.

“Yes. Delilah Harrison,” Niall said.

“Room 465,” She said.

Niall and I got in the elevator by ourselves. I wondered what we looked like. We probably looked like wrecks.

“I’m sorry,” Niall croaked.

“For what?” I asked.

“For you having to see me cry,” He said.

“Why are you apologizing? Everyone cries,” I said.

“I thought girls didn’t like soft guys,” He admitted.

“Crying for Delilah just shows that you have a heart. I love you,” I told him.

“I love you more,” Niall smiled.

He kissed me softly on the lips.

When the elevator door opened, a little girl shrieked.

“Look, mummy! They were kissing!”

“Shh, be quiet Branna. They’re just silly teenagers,” The mother told the dark-haired little girl.

“Aw, mummy. Don’t be mean!” She exclaimed.

Niall and I walked out of the elevator. I turned around to see the little girl waving goodbye to us. I smiled and waved back. She tugged on her mother’s sleeve and pointed at us.

I could barely hear the little girl, but she told her mother, “They’re going to get married!”

I smiled and gave Niall’s hand a squeeze. He looked at me and smiled.

“That little Branna is good at predicting the future,” He said.

I blushed and whispered, “I hope so.”

Once we arrived at room 465, we saw a nurse waiting outside. She saw us and her face lit up. She ran inside the room and brought James out.

“This is your grandson and his wife?” The nurse asked James.

Whoa, wife?

“Yes,” James winked at us.

The nurse looked at our hands and saw no rings, but she let us in the room anyway.

Niall and I both stood at Delilah’s bed.

“Hey Delilah,” Niall spoke first.

“Hey little James,” She said back.

“How are you feeling?” Niall asked.

“I’m feeling fine, but the doctors are trying to convince me otherwise,” Delilah answered.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“The doctors tell me to stop having false hope,” She frowned.

I frowned at this also.

This time, I spoke up. “Hope saves people. It gives people a reason to keep fighting.”

“I couldn’t agree more, Ariella. You know, you and Niall really do remind me of little versions of James and me,” Delilah said.

I smiled and said, “That’s a compliment.”

“Oh, not necessarily. Delilah and I were absolute fools when we were young!” James interrupted.

We all laughed at this.

“Now, the reason I wanted you two to come…” James started, “is so you can spend as much time with Delilah as you can. Niall and Ariella, you two remind her so much of what we were like as kids. I just want her to be able to relive that.”

“So, what do you say? Will you visit her as much as you can?” James begged.

Niall and I looked at each other for a few seconds.

At the same time, we both said, “Of course we will.”