Chapter Five- What's That Smell?

I walked into training with my head dropped down. I was going to try and lie low, keeping off the radar as best as I can. Any hope of that diminished when Calu decided to wave me over, calling me by my name.

"Alpha Calu, are you trying to get me killed?" I whisper-yelled at him. He grimaced when I called him Alpha. "Those girls are gonna kill me!" I could already feel their murderous glares on my back. I had no doubt that they were in visioning ripping my limbs off one by one and prolonging my death.

"No. I just needed to tell you that I paired you with me because I'm testing out a theory." Calu grinned.

"Is that theory how long it takes to kill an Omega?" I yelled at him. My cheeks went bright red when I realized everyone hear that last comment.

"No, you'll see Pupsicle."

"I told you not to call me that!" I was fuming.

"Ashley?"

"No."

"Shlyn?"

"What? No."

"Lynnie?"

"No!"

"Lyn? Ash? Charcoal? Coaly? Charred Meat?"

"No, maybe, only Leelee has a right to use Charcoal, heck no, and what the heck? Do I look like a steak to you?" he shrugged. I almost shoved him but stopped short. I ran to the bleachers in embarrassment. He called everyone over.

"We'll be working in wolf form and human. With your partners go into a classic hand to hand position." He demonstrated quickly. "We'll run through just the positions then Shift."

The next hour consisted of rushed positions that I aced. Calu was impressed. When we were about to Shift the girls took off our shirts so that we didn't tear them while the boys took off theirs. We of course left the sports bras on. The wolves from my pack weren't surprised that I wasn't healed but the others couldn't comprehend why I had band aids all over. I Shifted before Calu saw me.

Since pack mates were paired with others of their pack, I was the only one who didn't know which wolf was their partner. I was approaching the doors so I could sneak out when a massive white wolf leaped over top of me, faced me, growled and blocked my exit. A dark black cresent moon was marked on the left side of it's chest. That would be it's right side.

I stuck my butt in the air and my chest to the ground. My elbows touched the mats. This was my personal fighting stance, I adapted it myself. The wolf stepped closer to me. I growled. He lifted his paw like he was going to take another step. I was going to leave, nobody was going to stop me.

The wolf wasn't Cale; Cale was a sandy colour like his blond hair and huge like an Alpha. He wasn't Rainer because Rainer wasn't quite as large as an Alpha and he was a chocolate brown however he wasn't shiny like most wolves. This wolf was bigger than Cale and was obviously an Alpha.

I launched myself into the wolf, not actually trying to hurt him. The wolf was too late to react. I accidentally kicked him with my hind legs. He jumped and I landed onto his back, my tail draping over his snout. My head rested on his butt very awkwardly I bit his tail hoping he'd shake me off. He did... right to underneath his body.

The wolf looked into my eyes while standing overtop of me. His eyes dimmed from a brilliant bronze to a hazel colour, the same colour as Calu's. Oh crap! It's Calu! I slipped out from underneath him, his tail tickling my nose. I snorted. He made a weird rumbling noise that I haven't heard before. I liked it. I quickly left the room.

________________

Sorry I just have to say that this is Calu's point of view...

________________

I really don't think that Ashlyn is a Omega. I mean I could be wrong but... well... I like Ashlyn. But she could never be my Mate. I will know when I meet her.

When she confronted me she seemed so distressed I had to distract her. It worked.

After I Shifted I heard somebody trying to leave. It wasn't my pack. I leapt over a female wolf and thought of what Ashlyn said earlier. This wolf matched her description perfectly. The only thing is that this wolf had a crescent moon on her hip.

I looked into her eyes and we made eye contact. Her eyes went from a glowing brown to a bright gold. It never wavered.

Before I knew it she was leaping over top of me. I jumped and she collapsed onto me. She bit my tail and wow it hurt. I rolled overtop of her and then I smelt the most wonderful thing. It was strawberries, rain and cotton candy. That's the smell of my Mate! It was coming from Ashlyn!It has to be her perfume. But yet... it can't be.

I couldn't help but make a content rumbling noise that mated males make.

__________________

Back to Ashlyn :)

-------------------------------

I ran as fast as my wolf could take me. As I was turning around to check if I was being pursued, I crashed into a body. I looked up to see me perched on Cale's chest. I jumped off running in spot, ready to run.

"Ashlyn?" Cale asked. I nodded. "How are your eyes gold? Only Alphas have metallic coloured eyes! What happened?" I heard Calu running down the corridor after me. 'Cale I'm fine! I gotta go' I said using the pack link. I took off running toward the exit to the forest.

My body thumped into the military strength metal door. Frantically I Shifted and unlocked the door. I had just Shifted back into wolf form, not wanting to risk Calu seeing me without clothing, as Calu rounded the corner. I slammed my front paws into the push opening. Once the door shut again it would automatically lock. I was out free!

Calu had made it through the door though. I was still on the run. The door opened and both packs ran out not wanting to miss the Omega versus the Alpha chase. I was ahead when I heard a growl and a grunt. Soon I was tossed head under heels through the air. Calu landed on my back. I shook him off my back and leapt to my feet.

We circled each other hearing catcalls from the crowd. Leelee and Cale were the only ones cheering for me. Even Rainer was cheering for Calu to finish me for disrespecting him. I was determined to show the crowd I wasn't some lowly Omega.

I leapt and raked my claws along his back. It was then I remembered that I needed to hide my stomach from him because he would see my cuts. I crouched really low. Calu snapped his jaws at me. He was really close to my face so I stepped back toward the compound. I snapped at his ankles and dodged backwards. I growled. He made that weird rumble noise again. I really liked it. After my distracting moment I went for his neck. He knocked his head to the side and I rolled into the forest.

Calu pinned me behind the tree line. He stuck his nose in the crook of my neck, just like what I've seen David do to Leelee. He was acting like...my mate!