I Am In Love-2

I Am Reese-I Am In Love

I am so bored.

I don't think I've ever been this bored in my entire life. I didn't even know that this level of boredom even existed.

We've been here for two days now and I've been cooped up in this house everyday. There was nothing to do in the house and nothing was in walking distance. I know how to drive, but I don't like to in fear of killing myself.

"Mom!" I called from upstairs in my room. "Mom!" She didn't answer.

"Mom!" I yelled again and got up from my bed. I lazily walked down the stairs and saw her on the couch, watching the television.

"Why didn't you answer me?" I asked with a pout.

"Because you have nothing important to say," she answered without looking at me. 

I frowned but didn't say anything as I walked over to her and sat next to her. I was quiet for a good two minutes, but then it became awkward. At least for me, it did.

"It's so quiet here," I say, trying to strike up conversation. I desperately needed to hear another human voice.

"I like the peacefulness," she answers, still not looking at me. "It's so... peaceful."

Obviously.

After another long and awkward silence, I spoke up again. "Mom, I'm bored."

"Do something."

"Mommy!" I whined. and started shaking her around. "I'm bored!" 

From the look on her face, I could tell that she wished she was working. My mom is a teacher so she was off work for the whole summer. 

"Reese!" She yelled, and I froze. "If you're so bored, go outside and get some air." She 'humphed' and looked back at the TV. What was she watching anyway? I studied the screen and saw that she was watching The woman's entertainment channel; WE TV.

"Okay," I muttered and got up. I walked outside, using the back door then I studied my surroundings. 

Our yard was really green, but beyond what was technically our land was open space filled with tall grass and weeds. There was a patch of flowers close to the house on my left and right. It's sad to think that they would be dead in a couple of weeks. Someone had slaved over this yard, but no one in my family knows what to do with plants.

My thoughts were interrupted as the sound of a door opening caught my attention.

A boy who looked to be about my age walked out of the house next door. And we was the most beautiful boy I've ever seen in my life. He had dark hair and a lean but muscular build. His face was chizzled and..... he was breathtaking.

But maybe I'm just saying that because he had no shirt on.

The boy sat down on a lawn chair, oblivious to the fact that I was oogling him. He put some shades on and placed his hands behind his head like he had no care in the world.

"Well, hello there." I say quietly to myself. But since there was literally no sound around us, he heard.

He removed his sunglasses and looked up at me. I probably looked like a deer caught in headlights. I have never been in the presence of a guy this good looking. But guys that were cute, but not even close to this guy, were still jerks, so I could imagine what this one would be like. 

But instead of saying something cocky, he gave me a breathtaking smile that made my heart beat so fast that I thought it was going to explode.

"Hey," he greeted with a nod of his head.