I Am in Euphoria-22

I Am in Euphoria-22

"Taylor, do I look okay?" I asked her, gesturing to my outfit. I was wearing a simple, strapless, navy blue summer dress. There were lace designs at the bottom and the chest of the dress. I matched this outfit with black sandals and my hair up in a neat ponytail with only lip gloss on my lips.

"You look great!" She said just as the doorbell rang downstairs. I checked the time on my phone; eight o clock exactly.

I gave Taylor a look. "Stay here! He can't know that you were here!"

"Why?" she asked, as she followed me out the room.

I stopped walking down the stairs and turned around to face her. Then I put my hand up in a traffic police kind of way. "Because he just can't!"

She put her hands up like 'I surrender' and turned back around mumbling about how she never got to do anything around here.

I rolled my eyes and continued down the stairs. When I got in front of the doors, I stopped.

This was happening. I was going on an official date with Declan Foster. The guy that lived next door to me and was super cute. But not only that, he was super funny and nice, with a pinch of cockiness that made you like him even more. And he was going on a date with me; Reese Carter, instead of some other super amazing girl who probably has a much more interesting life than someone who sits around making videos all day.

But he was still here for me.

Oh right, and he was still waiting for someone to open the door for him. I took a deep breath and turned the door knob, to be greeted by the smile that had almost killed me that first day.

"Hey," he said like his smile wasn't making my heart beat a mile per minute.

"Hi," I forced out.

"Are you two just gonna stand there or are you gonna get going already!" Taylor yelled from up the stairs.

"Taylor, I told you not to say anything!" I yelled back up.

"No!" she said. "You told me to stay here, and I am here, therefore, I have not broken any of your rules."

I put a hand to my forehead; there was no arguing with Taylor. But just imagine if my parents were here instead of at the camp picking Lace up.

"Taylor's here?" Declan asked, a small smirk on his face.

"No," I said, stepping out of the door and closing it behind me. "We should go now, don't you think?"

He nodded his head and pulled me closer to him. "But first," he said, then kissed me. "We should greet each other properly."

I couldn't find the words to speak so I just smiled and hoped that I don't look like I'm high on some weird, foreign drug.

"Reese, you're hilarious," Declan said and took my hand, leading us to the car. We both got in (he opened the door for me, I feel like a lady) and we started driving.

"So, where are we going?" I asked him once we started driving.

He shrugged. "I don't know." He was obviously lying if the smile on his face meant anything.

"Come on," I said and poked his cheek. "It's not like we aren't going to be there soon. Why can't you just tell me now?"

"Because," he said, still facing foward. "If I say it out loud, it sounds very generic. But if I just drive you there, it doesn't."