Chapter 10

I spent the day of the perigee reciting the incantation for the spell. It helped distract me from the maddening urge to mate. As night approached, my family wished me luck as I ventured to the spot Stiles and I agreed to. The hotel room wouldn’t work. We would be far too noisy and there was a good chance things might get broken… and my biggest fear was that Stiles would be one of those things that got broken.

The moon was bright and its pull was strong. I had endured at least one perigee every year since I first started to feel the moon, but never before was it like this. My attempts at restraint had me shaking. A warm breeze blew through the woods, carrying Stiles’ scent. It made me woozy. I forced myself to keep a steady pace as I finally reached the location… the place where we’d had sex before. Stiles was sitting on a blanket waiting for me.

He smiled at me. He was wearing the strange pants he usually wore under the red robe and nothing else. The sight of his body caused me to tense. “Are you ready?”

Slowly, I knelt in front of him. “I’m scared,” I whimpered.

“I am, too,” he replied softly.

“Stiles… if I hurt you…”

He caressed my cheek. My entire body went rigid at his touch. Another breeze blew by, blasting his scent into my face and filling my lungs. I could feel my eyes turning gold as it hit me. “Promise me you won’t blame yourself,” he said.

“I can’t make that promise,” I replied, shaking my head.

He stuck his pinky finger up. “Promise me.”

I reluctantly grasped it with my own pinky finger. “I promise.”

“Alright,” he said, taking on a business demeanor. “Let’s get the ritual started.” We agreed that it would be best to be naked before we recited the incantation as we didn’t know what effect it would have on us and the act of taking off our clothes might put Stiles in more danger.

I closed my eyes, reciting the spell with Stiles. Immediately, I felt myself shift. No! I thought. It would be much easier to hurt him like this. I moved Stiles so that he was on all fours and positioned myself behind him. My claws sunk into his hips. I pressed myself to his opening and was relieved to find that he had done the prep work already. His tight warmth encompassed me, I whimpered as I lost control, driving myself into him, causing him to scream out in pain. I wanted to slow down. I wanted to make love to him and cherish his body the way it was meant to be, but I couldn’t. Tears streamed down my face as I heard the agony in his voice, his pleas for me to slow down, and his pulse rising ever higher.

“I’m… trying…” I managed. My wolf side was mostly in charge, though. He cried out as each thrust brought him more and more pain. As I drove myself up into him, I pulled him backwards, increasing the intensity of the way in which I used his body. I howled in frustration as I tried to stop, but he felt so good… so moist… so inviting. He was pleasure and he hugged my length like velvet. No! I told myself. He’s so much more than that. He’s my best friend. He’s my protector. He is the thing that makes my heart keep beating. He is the last thing I see before I fall to sleep at night and the first thing I see when I wake up. He is my Mate. My pace instantly slowed.

I fought my wolf. My dual natures warred as my body continued to fuck into Stiles. My pace became less frenzied and more rhythmic. I turned him over and set him gently on his back before reentering him. I began to move along his body rather than just into it. A low growl came from my throat and I placed my face in the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent, keeping my new pace as he worked with my body to bring us both pleasure. I kissed his shoulder before sinking my teeth into the soft flesh. He cried out, scratching his nails into my back. His warm blood filled my mouth. It was slightly sweet.

I pulled my fangs from his skin, his blood staining my teeth as I pressed my lips to his. He wrapped his arms around me, pushing my length further into him.

At last, I was in control. My body was trembling and my control was not concrete, but for now, I was calling the shots. It wasn’t much longer before my knot began to swell. Due to the roughness, it didn’t take much to fit it into him and I instantly began filling him with my seed.  He erupted onto  my chest and stomach and for the first time in almost a week, I had a sense of clarity.

He kissed me. “You did it,” he whispered.

I was out of breath and could barely speak. I barely had enough strength to hold myself above him and we had to move so that he was resting on top of me, my knot still tying us together.

Everything faded out of focus as exhaustion overtook me.

I awoke as beams of light trickled down onto my face. The ground around us was wet with dew. Stiles was still asleep on top of me and I was still buried inside him. Lying there, I didn’t move for fear of waking him. When he finally did wake up, he pulled himself off of me and collapsed by my side. “How do you feel?” I asked.

His shoulder looked bad. It would need to be cleaned and possibly stitched. “I’m sore,” he replied honestly. “But it worked.”

I sat up, reaching for my clothes and pulling them on. After helping Stiles to his feet, I kissed him deeply. “I figured it out,” I said.

“The test of control?” he asked. I nodded. “How?”

“It sort of came to me,” I shrugged. “I’m just glad that it’s over now.”

“All that’s left is for you to become an Alpha,” he told me. “You’re ready.”

I helped him back into his clothes and we slowly walked back home. Our lives were going to change. There was now a child on the way, and we would need to prepare for that. But this prospect excited me because there was nothing I wanted more than to begin a family with my Mate.