LOVE BITES Chapter 35 : Seduction

Chapter 35 : Seduction

I slowly pulled the silken lace panties up my bare legs, thumbs hooked in the thin straps along the sides and sat it comfortably on my curved hips.

I sucked my bottom lips between my teeth and turned in front of the mirror, all the while picking at the matching white babydoll that hung off my shoulders in scrutiny. It pushed my breasts together, making them look all the more bounteous. I ran a hand down the curve of my waist. The translucent material that washed across my navel had a slit that ran up the middle, revealing my belly button in the centre. I carefully tied the white ribbon that sat between my breasts in a loose bow and let the ends fall towards my thighs. My reflection stared back at me anxiously. I took a deep breath.

Relax.

The mattress dipped under my weight as I sat on the edge of the bed and slipped on the last of my attire: high stilettos. Heels were supposed to be sexy, right? They completed the outfit. Even if I wasn't excellent at walking in a pair they were necessary to any wardrobe — according to Brianna.

I carefully pulled myself to my feet, using the edge of the bed as support. But when I took one step forward my legs wobbled dangerously.

"Wh... whoa." My hands shot out either side. When I was balanced, I wiped my brow in relief.

Nerves, I thought. That's all. I'll get the hang of this.

"But maybe it would have been wiser to start with wedges," I pointed out to myself, staring at my painted toenails.

With only slight difficulty I made it to my bedroom door and walked through the dark hallway, fingertips crawling across the wallpaper as I went. The manor was warm, fireplaces alive and crackling. The sound ricocheted off the walls, filling my ears.

Still, even with all that warmth I was cold. I felt like the snow pelting the ground outside. Frigid. Goosebumps covered my bare skin. God I was nervous. I swallowed hard, pushing down the butterflies roaring to life in my stomach and stared up at his closed door.

Relax, Nikki, I coaxed silently. You already decided you were doing this and you're not backing out now.

I slowly lifted a hand. It was shaking uncontrollably. I closed my eyes to ready myself, breathing out nice and slow and evenly. They flew open again and this time my face was screwed in determination. I curled my fingers into my clammy palm and knocked twice.

No response.

My nervous eyes fell on the metal door handle at my waist. I grabbed it, pushed down and swung the door back before I had a chance to talk myself out of it.

I should have talked myself out of it.

As I stepped through his door, my ankles seemed to give out and I toppled forward, catching myself at the last second on the door frame.

No, no, no! That was not what I had planned at all!

My head snapped up, streams of hair covering my face. My blue eyes jumped about the room, face heated in embarrassment.

No one was inside.

"Oh thank God." I fell the rest of the way to the floor unceremoniously, a hand over my thumping heart and relieved beyond words that Alastair hadn't been in his room to witness my ungraceful entrance.