"CAGED" Chapter 22

“Why is it so damn high?” I said to myself while struggling to reach up the book that I’m supposed to read tonight thanks to our Biology subject. I need to borrow this book from our university before I go home today.

“Come on, I--” I was cut off from my self-talking session when long fingers wrap around the book I was aiming for.

“Here shorty.” I don’t know what to feel when I recognized that the boy who helped me was Luise. I just stare up at him not moving an inch.

He flashed a grin which I soon discovered really get on my nerves as time passed by so I decided to grab the book from his hand and uttered a dull “Thank you”. I turn around and started taking long strides when I was pulled back as my wrist was grabbed violently.

My body was pushed towards the bookshelf with my back bumping on the wood, I almost groan when I felt a tiny pang of pain. “Did I said you can just leave?” He whispered near my left ear. I blinked back and forth. What in the world is happening?

“I know you don’t like having me around, but you know, the feeling’s mutual. Oh, and even if you like it or not I’m studying in this University so whether you like it or not we will bump into each other every single day.” He smirked.

“Luise, I don’t know what makes you think that I don’t like you, don’t just simply conclude things. Especially that you don’t know what kind of person I am.”  I said not breaking the eye contact, I need to show him that I’m not even scared.

“Oh, I know a lot of people like you Sen.” He bent down as he lift my jaw with his hand and slides it down my neck to my chest sending chills to my spine.

“What the heck are you doing!?” I slapped his hand and struggled to move away from being trapped by his tall frame.

“I know a lot of leach people like you, who uses other people for their own benefits.”

“What is wrong with you?” I said as I felt my eyes started to tear up. I must say I was hurt, his words cut like knife. I never thought he sees me like that.

“Have I done anything to harm or hurt you? Have I?” I choke a sob. In the end I ended up pushing the book towards him as I run as fast as I can away from the room.

Oh well, I guess I won’t be needing that book.

I really have no idea why every time Luise and I bumped into each other his dislikes towards me reeks from his whole being. We just met a few days ago and I know that he is just Shohei’s bestfriend. His my lovers best friend so why the heck does he treats me like this?

“Hey what’s the matter?” I felt Shohei slip inside the sheets. I was staring into space waiting for Shohei to come out of the bathroom after he finished taking his bath.

“Oh, its nothing.” I smiled. “I just remembered I forgot to borrow the book that I’m supposed to read tonight. Gosh my professor will probably scold me.” I rolled my eyes and smiled sheepishly as I felt Shoheis’ arm wrap around my waist and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Is that so?” I felt his breath next to the back of my neck making me ticklish.

“Yah! It’s ticklish.” I giggled and face him.

“I missed you” He said out of nowhere making me instantly blush.

“Stop teasing me Shohei.” I rolled my eyes trying to hide my blushing.