2. 'Friend request accepted'

Chapter Two. 'Friend request accepted'

I sighed as I slotted my house key into the keyhole of the door. Why were boys so confusing, one minute they acted really cool and the next they were just complete and utter jerks! I was so confused about what Jay was referring to exactly. Did he actually think I was a self-harmer or something? I wasn't that sad or depressed, I loved life, and my life was going fine so far, I couldn't see any reason for why I would self-harm. I had loving parents and a sometimes overbearing mother. My father was annoying but protective at times as well as a huge joker. my younger sister was sweet and a little angel and then there was my older brother who was annoying as well but thankfully he didn't live at home anymore.

I pushed the door open and walked inside before taking my shoes off and throwing them near the front door. I would get an earful from my mother after doing that, but hey it wasn't that much of a big deal. My mother was a little on the obsessive side of cleaning. She loved everything to be perfectly clean and not a single sight of mess anywhere. After my brother left home, she was ecstatic... mainly because he caused all the mess around the house.

"Hannah, are you home?!" I heard my mom call. 

"Yeah!" I yelled back. 

"Can you come here please honey?!" She called again. 

I rolled my eyes and groaned, I didn't particularly want to stay downstairs. I just wanted to go upstairs to my bedroom  and fall asleep.

I dragged my feet to the living room and stayed by the doorway. I saw my mother sitting on the couch, sipping what looked like coffee. My mother had a slight addiction to coffee, she would drink it at anytime of day, even if it was late at night. 

I turned my head and saw my younger sister , playing on the floor of her play room. My sister, Lilly was only four years old, she looked exactly like my mother with her blue eyes and blonde hair. Whereas I took after my father with dark brown hair and hazel green eyes. My brother had sandy blondish hair that sometimes looked brown, and of course, he had my mother's eye colour. 

"What mom?" I asked, with a slight bit of attitude, turning my head back to my mother. 

"Don't talk like that to me," she sighed heavily. She ran a hand through her perfectly curled blonde hair, and slightly narrowed her eyes at me. I would've felt guilty but to be fair I just wasn't bothered. That may have sounded complete and utterly disrespectful but I was fed up of my mother's constant nagging and whining. 

"Yes mom?" I asked her. 

"How was school?" She asked bluntly. My eyebrows raised and I frowned. 

"Err good?" It came out more as a question than an answer. 

"That's good sweetie... I wanted to talk to you about Lilly-"

"Don't tell me the other little kids are picking on her at preschool?" I sighed. My mom was quiet and I knew that was the exact reason she wanted to talk to me. 

"Ah well that's just great!" I exclaimed sarcastically as I dropped my bag on the floor and paced around. I could feel the frustration itching on me.  

"Mom you said she would be fine there-"

"I know honey but you know how little kids are... they have trouble understanding that people are different-"

"Lilly isn't different she's completely normal. She didn't ask to be a do-"

"Hannah May Parker!" My mom yelled at me giving me worried eyes. 

"What mom?" I asked. She moved her eyes to the playroom door and I followed her gaze. 

There stood my little sister looking at me, with her big blue eyes.