Chapter 1

(Your Name) was always fascinated with the concept of soulmates. Her mother would always tell her about the flowers that would bloom on her body one day and how that was a sign of her soulmate.

Each year, (your name) would eagerly check herself to see if anything bloomed, but with no such luck.

That didn't deter the young girl though, she kept holding onto those stories her mother used to tell her and the wonderful thought of her soulmate being out there.

The day it happened, was one that she would always remember. It was her 8th birthday. She awoke to see vines of bright red roses running up her arm. The petals, looked soft to the touch and the vines and thorns were a vivid green.

In that moment, (your name) thought it was the most beautiful thing she's ever seen.

Though, from that day on, she continued to get flowers on various part of her body, many to be exact, but being a child, (your name) was pretty clumsy and to be fair, many children tended to get bruises and such so with that in mind, nobody really thought too much into it.

Of course, as (your name) grew up, the flowers kept popping up which concerned her, and brought unwanted attention to the girl.

It wasn't only the flowers that decorated her body like a painting. She was also self-conscious about her overall look, her weight to be more exact. As the years went on, the more (your name) noticed that she was different compared to the other girls that went to school with her.

If it wasn't the flowers people poked fun at, it was her size. (Your name) was chubbier than most girls – having a stomach pooch, thighs that touch, flabby arms that she detested and a rounder face.

Eventually, people at school decided that poking fun at her weight wasn't enough, so, they started mocking her soulmate due to the many flowers on the parts of her body that was shown to everyone's eyes.

They said (your name)'s soulmate was a bully, a thug, just a down right awful person, abusive even. It got to her of course, she didn't want to think that her soulmate would be any of those things.

The only thing (your name) could do to rid of those awful rumors and cruel words, was to keep to herself and cover up.

That's how she spent a handful of years, only making a few close friends that she could count on when it got rough. Even now, in high school, she kept to herself and had layers upon layers of clothing on to hide not only her body, but the beautiful flowers that decorated it.

(Your name) knew deep down, that her soulmate was out there somewhere, but honestly, she wasn't sure if she wanted to meet them. Taking one last look at the yellow rose that covered half of her right calf, she rolled her pant leg back down and continued to dress for the upcoming day.

What (your name) didn't know was that her soulmate wasn't any of those things. His name – Kagami, A basketball play that's rough in the game and doesn't really believe in soulmates.

No, he isn't cold hearted, just dishearten due to the fact that he has a flower, just one, on his whole body. A single bright, red carnation right over his heart.

Yes, the flower itself was beautiful, a true sight to marvel, but the meaning behind it, is the reason Kagami doesn't believe in soulmates. It's said that if a person gets a flower that never fades away, it means their soulmate either has a permanent scar or they have sadly passed on.

Since he never received another flower on his body again, the basketball player thought his dear soulmate was dead. With no hope of ever meeting them, he continued to be rough on his body, never caring if he got bruises upon bruises from training or from games because, in his mind, he was destined to be alone.

Entering high school and joining the basketball team only fueled Kagami more and he was determined to do his best to win not only for himself, but for his fallen soulmate.

What the avid ball player didn't know was that his soulmate was out there and with each bruise he receives, she gets another colorful bunch of flowers on a part of her body that's sadly always covered up.

The ironic part of it all is both feel as if they're meant to be alone with no hope of ever seeing their soulmate, but in reality, they pass each other every single day in the halls of the school.

What they don't see is their flowers radiating in color as they pass each other, a beckon of hope in a sense, but with clothing covering the flowers – the two never pick up the sign.

---

"(Your name), snap out of it!" The voice of the plush girls best friend broke through to her, the turtle neck wearing (your name) turned her attention from her locker, snapping it shut and facing her best friend.

"Sorry, just tired I guess," Her friend shrugged and slung her arm around the chubby girls' shoulders as they made their way down the crowded halls.

"Not a problem, but I'm sure you'll be awake at the basketball game!" Scoffing, (your name) shook her head. "You know I don't really go to the school's games," Turning a corner, the shy girl bumped into what felt like a wall.

Feeling large hands grab her to steady her, the (eye color) eyed girl looked up to see the famous Kagami- the school's hot headed basketball player.

Realizing that he was still holding her upright, (your name) only nodded her head, her voice failing at the moment. The soft girl couldn't help it, there was something... something about him, the way he was looking at her now.

Hearing her friend clear her throat, the red haired man let go of (your name) and quietly said his goodbye, hurrying down the hall as the last warning bell rang out through the mostly empty halls.

"You know (your name)," her friend began as they hurried to class, "The way that Kagami was looking at you just now was-."

Cutting her friend off quickly, the chubby girl clutched her books closer to her chest. "Was nothing, like anything would happen between us anyway... it's not like he's my soulmate."

Unknown to the sad girl was that all of her brightly colored flowers that littered her body were glowing bright, a desperate attempt to tell her that in fact, yes- Kagami was her soulmate.

With a heavy heart, Kagami and (your name) went on with their day, their minds drifting to that encounter in the hall.