Chapter 2

"Alright, yeah, keep at it guys!" (Your name's) friend was yelling towards the court where the Basketball team was playing.

(Your Name) sighed, her eyes rolling from her to the court where her (eye color) orbs zoned in on Kagami who was weaving in and out of the paths of other players that were trying to get the ball he had.

The plump girl had to admit that he did have a gift of being on the court and that look in his eyes, he turned to dodge another player as she caught a glimpse of the look in his eyes once again. It was like he was so focused on the game, detailing what he was going to do next that he blocked the whole crowd out and it was only the two teams playing.

It intrigued her as she continued to silently watch him as he dominated the game. Then, it happened. "Oh no folks, looks like Kagami is down, that'll leave a bruise." The announcer's voice rang out throughout the gym as the rivals team front guard slammed into Kagami's body, his elbow striking the left side of the redheads face.

(Your name) cringed a bit at the impact, she hoped that Kagami could carry on the rest of the game. Wait... did she really just say that? No, it was just the concern she was feeling right now; that's all.

Crossing her chubby arms over her chest, her eyes roamed back to her friend who looked so engrossed in the game that was happening. She was always so happy and go lucky and (your name) wished she could be more like her sometimes.

"Gosh folks, looks like the game has taken a terrible turn." Snapping out of your thoughts, your eyes focused back at the game and it wasn't good.

Kagami and the rest of the team were getting roughed up by the opposing team. Players getting slammed into, shoved. Elbows, feet, and hands getting hit, smacked, and slammed into their bodies.

It looked like Kagami was getting it the worst out of the whole team. (Your name) could still see the fire in his eyes as he tried to protect the ball, but he couldn't do it alone.

She watched as he got hit in the chest, stomped on his bicep, and slapped on his neck. It looked brutal from (your name)'s perspective. "What happened to them?" Turning to your friend, you shrugged and sat back in your seat like you didn't really give a care.

"I mean, they were dominating and now, thi-." She stopped short which made you confused. Usually, you couldn't get her to shut up if you tried.

"(Your name), we need to leave right now." Raising a brow, you were highly perplexed now. "What's wrong with you? You're the one who dragged me here, now you want to leave, what's up with you?"

She didn't even answer, just grabbing your soft hand and hauling you out of the gym and fast. Not wanting to argue in a huge public place like this, you just went along with it.

Your friend was silent as she pulled you along the streets of the city after pulling her scarf around your neck and tucking it in your jacket. You were starting to get worried about what was going on- why wasn't she speaking to you? Why did she wrap her scarf around you? Gulping, you both turned a corner and you could see your house up ahead. Why was she furiously trying to get you to your own house?

"Hey, Mrs. (your last name), we're back from the game! Just gunna hang in (your name)'s room!" With your friends not subtle entrance, she quickly dragged you upstairs and pushed you into your room and swiftly locked the door.

Turning around, your arms were crossed and eyebrows creased, clearly beyond mad. "Do you mind telling me what the hell that was about and why we're back here?" Tapping your foot, your impatience was showing.

"I know I acted weird and I'm sorry, but, (your name), there's something you need to see and it's on your neck and oh shit, your face too." The concern was written all over her face and now you were freaked out.

Before you could turn to the mirror, she pulled you back to face her by your shoulders. "Please, don't freak out..." Silently nodding, you turned back to the mirror to come face to face with what was making your friend freak out.

A small gasp emitted from your mouth, your fingertips coming up to caress the bunches of flowers that were blossoming on your face.

"No...it can't be..." Your mind reeled back to the game and when... Kagami got hit. No! Maybe another player got hit, or... or... or not.

Quickly taking off the scarf, your mind was going a thousand miles an hour. If there were truly flowers on your neck, then... it's true.

"(Your name)..." Your friend gasped as the scarf hit the floor. There, on your neck, crawling up the side towards the lobe of your ear was vines upon vines woven together, leaves of bright blue mini roses sprouting up.

Tracing the flowers with a gentle touch, you felt hot tears pool into your eyes. "I-I-It can't be true..." Your gaze continued to zone in on the flowers. "There was only one player that got hit there (your name)...and you know who it is," Your friend gently touched your shoulder, running her hands up and down your arm as the tears started spilling out.

"...Kagami," You whispered his name as the blue mini roses continued to spiral and sprout onto one side of your face, vines and leaves intertwining into beautiful designs. "I-I saw him get hit here," Your fingers traced over your face. "And here." Then, down the slope of your neck.

"It's him, (your name)," She hugged you from behind, the tears continued down your chubby cheeks and evaporating into the cloth of your shirt.

"You need to tell him, you deserve to be happy and he deserves to know." Silently nodding, you turned in your friends arms and just let her hold you; all the emotions of the past few hours were flooding your mind.

"You're amazing (Your name), anyone would be lucky to have you as their soulmate. I mean, I'm kinda jealous over here." She joked with you as a smile laugh erupted from your throat.

"You're such a dork!" You both laughed, your mood getting a little bit better thanks to her of course.

"Hey, it got you to laugh and there's that amazing smile of yours!" Both of you sat on your plush bed, sprawling out on the comfy mattress.

Your friend turned to you, hand on her hip. "Now, we're gonna talk about what you're going to tell Kagami tomorrow." A look of dread came upon your face as she went to explaining what plan her mind conjured up.