Chapter 3

Kagami was beside himself.

Why couldn't he get her out of his mind? It was just a simple accident in the hallway, right? It couldn't possible mean anything other than that. Sure, (Y/N) and himself had been going to school together for years, but that was it- just school.

A hand on his shoulder snapped him out of thought. "Hey, you good Kagami, you've been spacing out most of class." His friend looked at him, concern written all over his face. Noticing everyone was leaving class, he shook his head at how much time he thought about this.

"Yeah man, I'm fine... just a lot on my mind is all." His friend patted his shoulder and smiled at him.

"Ah yeah, I get ya, the big game today and all, don't worry, you'll crush them!" With a soft laugh, Kagami gathered his stuff and walked out with him.

Splitting ways, Kagami went back to thinking about (Y/N), not the game. Honestly, he could care less about the game coming up which is unlike him, but he just couldn't shake this feeling.

Hell, he even started scanning the crowds of students just to see if he could get a glimpse of her.

"She could be the one." A voice piped up beside him, making him jump in fright. Of course, Kuroko was right there as usual. Scoffing, Kagami shook his head at the short basketball player.

"How do you figure that?" He was genuinely curious at this point, anything to get him any sort of answer would suffice him. Kuroko took a sip from his drink before answering, "Think about it, have you ever seen much of her skin besides her face and hands?" Biting his lip, the red head shook his head.

Never, actually. (Y/N) never really showed much skin, deciding to keep herself covered, even when she wore skirts, there were always leggings underneath to hide her shapely legs.

Kuroko continued, "With you getting hit all the time in practice and games, what if she's hiding them under the layers of clothing?" Kagami didn't know what to say, hell, that was very plausible... For the rest of the day, that's what his mind was on, (Y/N).

----

He got a glimpse of her in the stands; she actually showed up, but he had a feeling it was the doing of her friend seated beside her. Either way, Kagami was even more pumped than ever! Was he going to show off even more because (Y/N) was in the stands? You bet your ass he was.

The game was going great, they were ahead by ten points and the smirk never left Kagami's face as he continued to steal glances up at (Y/N) only to see her looking disinterested, arms crossed over her chest.

He must've been staring too long to notice the front guard run up to him, knocking him to the ground, the guy's elbow smacking him right in the face. It hurt like no other, but he wouldn't let it show, bouncing right back up. On the outside, it looked like Kagami was fine and all, but seeing (Y/N) looking so... so bored got to him mentally and the game started going downhill from there.