Chapter 15 Part 4 - Puppy-What-Now?

Abel snorted, "A top-tier spirit for a couple of claws! And she's rejoicing! What the hell is going on in her mind! She couldn't even..."

Chow Su came back to his senses quicker than the rest of the room. He smiled down at her and patted her head, "It certainly is a pup. Is it a fox? Or maybe a wolf?" He entirely forgot the recent harshness. As if he himself could be any more clear on what had happened to him. As if he didn't regret it enough, she had to go and slap him in the face for it.

Addor glared at him childishly, "Dog! It's a puppy dog!"

Chow Su laughed at her reaction. He didn't know what a 'dog' was but, whatever it was, he was glad it had chosen her. "What an adorable puppy dog!" He agreed before he'd even had the chance to look at it. Her head was bent over it, obscuring most of his view. Nonetheless, his smile was genuine. Seeing her so happy and excited about something other than beating him up made him happy for her. "You like dogs?"

Addor smiled up at him, "Yes!"

Chow Su felt as if that innocent smile was an arrow through his heart. He knew about her charming ability, but did it grow as her glee rose? If so, then he was glad there were other people around or he would have attacked her by now. Even as he thought this Addor's next words sent a chill down his spine.