Chapter 33 Part 2 - Nothing Special

“And?”

“I do not understand why he brought here here. She has-”

“You are not to question his reasoning.” A bombing voice replied from the opposite side of the pavilion. The voice was calm, as if he barely required effort to raise his voice to such an extent.

Even though he was on the opposite side of the pavilion the woman heard him clearly and touched her hand to her chest, bowing again in apology. “Yes, Master.”

“So? What have you found?” Beside her, sitting at the table staring down at an odd looking game another man spurred her on.

“Her control over her innate talent is limited, her body poor, her reaction speed better than those around her but nothing to shout about.” The woman spoke quietly and with great formality and respect. With looks like hers it would be difficult to believe that there was anyone who could make her do anything she didn’t want to; Yet before her was an entire tent of them. And she understood her position well. She kept her eyes down and acted as if this level of respect was only natural for her. “She has but a single, low tier beast contract. Nothing about her seems to stand out.”

A tinkling giggle tittered about the pavilion. Several eyes turned to a gorgeous woman who seductively turned around on the bench from her back to her stomach. Between the two arms that held her up were glimpsed two sweetly-sized lumps. Her legs, which kicked the air, showed off two porcelain calves. Her long silky hair curled around her head and fell to the side, laying in swirls beneath her where her head had just recently been resting. “I’m sure there’s a reason. Maybe she can help him with something we haven’t yet seen. Something from her world that we don’t know about yet.” Her voice was clear and perfect. If one were to see her for the first time they would not believe she was real, instead believing that she were created by some master to be perfect in every way.

One man nodded, turning back to the odd game before him, “Even so, does it not seem odd? Our world is in chaos and the only move he makes is to send a spirit from another world?”

“He probably isn’t able.” The woman turned back to her back, her bright smile turning to something sweet, loving, endearing. It was obvious to anyone that who they were talking about was a special existence to her.

“What do you mean?” The others didn’t seem to understand. She was clearly the one who knew him best so she was likely to have the most insight concerning this topic.