A Different Kind of Superman

dedication:

dedication:

This story is dedicated to all the heroes in my life, no matter how big or small their actions have been. Thank you for all you have done.

+ + +

overture:

Of the four high school years, the most insignificant one, the least remembered one, oftentimes the worst one is sophomore year. The infamous tenth grade when half is the student body can drive while the other half cannot, when you're no longer the youngest in the school but not yet part of the upperclassmen, when you are expected to have a plan set for the last two years of high school but still have no idea what you're doing or what you're supposed to be doing.

"Sophomore year is rough," said someone from one of my classes last year who would now be a junior.

That's also what I heard about freshman year, but was it really that bad? In my opinion, not really. Sure, it was rough, but that's a story for another time.

+ + +

author's note:

PLEASE READ. I will try my best not to make this too long, but I believe this note is important to read. Yes, this story was based on true events and real people. Those events and people have led me to writing this, and they are my heroes. While the description of this story may not be as enticing as I wish it would have been, there will be more subplots that help lead the main plot forward. I hope you can think of this story like a TV show in a way. There may only be one main plot of show, but there will be smaller subplots within each episode of the show.

As readers, what would you like to see in the story? I won't be able to meet every request, but I may be able to squeeze a few in. If I have the time and energy, I might also add a cast and/or playlist, but readers can get some input on those too!

Update [5.6.18]: I will be dividing this story in three books. For the rest of May, I hope to finish outlining and possibly begin picking up book one. I plan to write book two in June while book three will hopefully be my Camp Nano story. This is the one story I truly want to finish, so I hope all goes according to plan.

Will there be clichés? Yes, of course there will be clichés...but hopefully it won't be too awful.

Will the story be predictable? Well, as a writer, I hope that I will be able to surprise the readers, but who knows? Maybe the people who read this story will see what happens next. Make sure to comment so I can see what's going on through your heads!

Thanks for reading!