Finding the truth

After a week and a half I felt better and finally started seeing Porthos. I decided that I would go into town and get some things to help Constance out. I put on a purple dress with blue down the middle and left. I walked down the street and made it to the market and bought somethings. I left and decided to take the long way home. On the way I bumped into a older woman and helped her pick up the things she dropped.

"Amelia?" The woman asked shocked as she looked at my locket.

"Have we met madam?" I asked softly.

"I was your mid-nurse.... you have grown so much.... you look just like your mother." She said with a smile.

"Thank you....?"

"Mariana... oh I have something for you!" She exclaimed pulling a note out of her pocket.

"Your mother gave this to me to give to you. If anything happened to her." She explained handing it to me.

I looked down at the letter and then back up to ask if she knew what it said, but she was gone. I let out a sigh as I walked back home and laid down on my bed. I looked at the letter and let out a sigh before opening it to see what it said.

Amelia
If you are reading this then your father has learned about my past. I never wanted anything to come between us but I know someday I will lose you. You are my whole world and I hope you know I will never let anyone hurt you again. Everything I do I do for you. I know that your father will learn about my past after I confront your uncle... I will never let him hurt you again. You are my one true love my darling little girl.
Your beloved mother

Tears streamed down my face as I reread the note. I covered my face as I dropped the note. I started to shake as I remembered all the things that had happen from ages 5 to 13.

Flashback

"Uncle where is papa?" I asked softly.

"He is busy. Leave." He said softly.

"I want my dad.... I miss him."

"He has work to do now leave or get punished."

"But I want-" I never finished my sentence because I felt a pain in my cheek.

I looked up to see my uncle glaring down at me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him.

"No please I'm sorry I won't do it again!" I yelled through tears.

"I told you that you would be punished. Now shirt off and look at wall it will end shortly." He said grabbing a whip.

I cried as I did what he said and then after a second I was screaming as the whip hit my back. After awhile it stopped and I heard him leave. I covered myself up and put on my shirt leaving to go to bed. While I walked to my room I saw my mother. She smiled as she walked over to me.

"How's my little princess?" She asked happily.

"Mom please don't let Uncle Thomas punish me again!" I yelled through tears.

My mother hugged me as I cried in her arms. She took me to her room and looked at my back as tears fell from her eyes. She hugged me to her and then left to go talk to my uncle. After awhile my father came into the room with tear felled eyes.

"Where is mother?" I asked softly.

"She is gone." He said sadly.

"What about Uncle Thomas?"

"Your mother murdered him." He said sadly.

I felt tears fall from my eyes as I realized what my mother had done. I went to tell my father but he forced me out of the room. He locked himself up for ten days before coming out and abandoning me.

Flashback ends

I woke up under my covers with the letter in my hand. I stood up and put a cloak around me as I left. I went to where I knew she would be and I knocked on her door. The door opened to her looking at me in shock. I hugged her as tears streamed down my face.

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have told you.... if I hadn't you wouldn't have killed him to protect me!" I yelled through tears.

"Oh my baby. My sweet angel." She whispered as she hugged me tightly.