"The Deal" 3.The Promise

"I don't think I can do this." Kai exclaimed as he slumps to the ground, bathing from sweat as he catches his breath. It was only 2 days away from the national art competition and something was wrong with Kai as the competition was getting closer.

Kyungsoo emidiately run up to the stage the moment he noticed Kai was about to collapse.

"Kai? You okay?” Kyungsoo cupped Kai's face worriedly. Kai's eyes was shut, his brows crooked as if he was in pain.

Instead of answering Kai grab his head with a pained face.He moaned like he was in a lot of pain that only he can see.

"Kai,it's okay. I got you. I'm here, I won't leave you." Kyungsoo kneeled and hugged him tight as Kai was catching his breath.Tighting the hug, Kai tug the smaller male tighter as if it was the only way to make his pain go away. Kyungsoo could feel the others heavy breath and loud moan.

 The two of them were inside their university gymnasium practicing. Everytime Kai was on the stage about to do his dance routine, his body stiffens and shakes from nervousness.

It’s because Kai can't dance anymore in front of the crowd. It was because his mom died the day of his dance competition. Everytime he would compete, his mom would always be standing at the crowd giving him all the support he needs, but a year ago his mom died from leukemia and since then Kai can never find the strength to dance again on stage. Every time he attempts to do it would only backfire on him the realization that h

is mom is already gone.

 The wound that already seems to heal would open up again.

" Hyung. It hurts" Kai grabs his chest as his other hand wraps around Kyungsoo's neck. He then burried his face on the smaller male's neck.

"Kai, I'm here, I won' t leave you alone. Just trust me okay?" Kyungsoo persuaded, rubbing his palm on Kai's back trying to calm him down which seems to be effective.

Kyungsoo pulled away from the hug slowly and cupped the other man's face.  He smiled gently as he looks down at Kai.

"You're not alone anymore. I'm here now." He wipes Kai's tears with his thumbs.

Kyungsoo thought that no matter how tough Kai is, he can't hide the fact that he was still scared. That indeed no matter how big or mature he looks outside, he was still a kid inside.

Kyungsoo lowered his head touching his lips to Kai. The kiss kyungsoo initiated was a very gentle one, not long enough he broke the kiss.

"See? It does not hurt anymore right?"  Kyungsoo sheepishly smiled. His eyes seems to shine.  Kai nodded and grabs the back of Kyungsoo's head and kissed him back deeply. Kai was calmed by this boy's simple touch. Now Kai was determined to dance again on stage knowing that Kyungsoo will be there amongst the crowd giving him the strength he needs.

This is what he was searching for long ago, he finally found it.

On top of the bed there lay two bodies covered with thin white sheets. Kai was hugging Kyungsoo who’s eyes was shut wih his head resting on Kai’s arm.

Gently, Kai brushed away the hair strands covering the small boys face. He bent down and planted a kiss on the sleeping boy’s forehead for a while and as he broke the kiss. Kyungsoo opened his eyes looking up at the giant boy who was supposed to be younger but bigger than him.

“Kai.”  He look up and smiled as he touched Kai’s face.

“I’m glad we met.” Kyungsoo said out of nowhere.

He smiled his childish yet charming heartshaped lips making kai yearn to taste them.

"Thank you for teaching me things I never thought I would be able to know.”

Kai crooked his brow.

“Stop saying that hyung, you sound like your saying goodbye.”

“Silly, I’m not, but what if one day I die?" Kyungsoo held out his hands massaging Kai's crooked brow. It's a habit of his to rub the yoinger man's brow whenever his mood changes.

"Stop frowning." Kyungsoo smiled urging the other  to smile just like what always happens when kyungsoo pleads Kai  to avoid frowning and urges him to put a smile on his face instead. Kai finds it beyond his  capacity to go against his gentle lovers request. It's Kyungsoo’s natural effect on him.

"It's not funny." Kai complained, he can't even imagine living without Kyungsoo.

"I just want to say how much thankful I am that I met you.” Kyungsoo rubbed his eye looking more cute and innocent in Kai’s eyes. Instead of answering,kai bent down and buried his head on the smaller boys neck hugging him tighter.

“If you die, I might just follow you.”Kai frankly stated looking straight into Kyungsoo's huge lazy eyes.

“Idiot! That’s suicide!” He touch Kai’s hair brushing it with his hand. “You’re supposed to live on just like what happens in the movies.” Kyunsoo chuckled. “ In the movies the other one who get’s to live continues on living for the sake of his lover who died, there memory will carry on as long as the other one is alive.”

“That’s why it’s called movies hyung, they’re plain fiction.” Kai answered still burying his face on the others neck.

“That’s why I want you to promise, that no matter what happens, even if we break up, or even if one of us dies, we must keep on living. Okay?” He paused. “We must continue on living as long as we are happy, we will live.”

“Promise me Kai?” Kyungsoo pulled Kai away from his hug and cupped his face.

”I promise. If you say so hyung.” Kai replied half heartedly.

“But still, I know we will never break apart even if it meant I have to drag you with me to church to marry me, we will still get married and have our dream jobs, we’ll leave in our dream house and we will have lots of children because I’ll get you pregnant every year.” Kai smiled.

Kyungsoo chuckled. “You’re crazy.” He covered his blushing face with the sheet.

“Im serious!” Kai complained tickling Kyungsoo’s sides. Kyungsoo laughed louder trying to escape the bigger mans  hands. And the room was filled with their laughter which seems to echo forever.