chapter 1 - Welcome to the Hellmouth

Outfits in the external link

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Night - Sunnydale High School - Hallway

The camera panned around from the side of the building to the main entrance, into a hallway, moving down the hall, past the trophy case and at the library turning to the right down another hall.

Science Classroom

In the science class, the camera panned low along a row of desks, showing the windows. The counter in front of them was full of various things; a skeleton, some vertebrae, jars of things in formaldehyde, a skull and a microscope.

A fist punched through a windowpane, reaching in to undo the claps. A boy and girl snuck into the school.

The girl was named Darla. "Are you sure this a good idea?"

"It's a great idea," the boy told her. "Now come on."

They crawled into the window.

Hallway

The boy and girl came out of the classroom, walking down the hall.

"Do you go to school here?" Darla asked.

"I used to," the boy answered. "On top of the gym, it's so cool. You can see the whole town."

Darla stopped the boy close to the intersection of the hallway, stammering. "I don't wanna go up there."

"Aw, you can't wait, huh?" the boy asked.

"We're just gonna get in trouble," Darla told him.

The boy smiled. "Yeah, you can count on it."

They almost kissed.

Darla seemed startled, drawing a quick breath, turning her head around to look down the hall. "What was that?"

"What was what?" the boy asked.

"I heard a noise," Darla told him.

"It's nothing," the boy told her.

Darla looked around. "Uh, maybe it's something."

The boy mocked her, trying to scare her. "Or maybe it's some thing."

Darla gave him a look, tilting her head. "That's not funny."

The boy looked down the other hall, calling out in a singsong voice. "Hello?" He turned to Darla. "There's nobody here."

"Are you sure?" Darla asked, turning away.

"Yes, I'm sure," the boy answered.

Darla smirked. "Okay."

Darla turned back to the boy, transforming into a vampire face. There were indents in her nose and forehead, fangs visible, and eyes yellow. She growled, biting into the boy's neck, making him yell out in pain as she fed on him, sinking them both to the floor.