chapter 12 - Prophecy Girl

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.  

Day One

Night - The Bronze

Eric, Xander and Willow were sitting at a table.

Eric was practicing what he was going to say to Buffy. "You know how I feel about you. It's, uh, pretty obvious, isn't it? There's never been anyone else for me but you. And we're good friends, and it's time to take the next step. Would you, um, date me? Oh, that's good. Date me. It's terrible, right?"

"Huh?" Willow asked. "Oh, no. Oh, yes. 'date me' is silly."

"Eric, what you should do, is you should just start with talking about the dance," Xander told him. "'You know, Buffy, Spring Fling just isn't any dance. It's a time for students to choose, um... a mate. And then we can... observe their... mating rituals. And tag them before they migrate'."

"Another mocking word from you and I'll kill you," Eric told him.

Xander laughed.

Willow used the back of her hand to hit his chest. "Eric, you're doing fine."

"Why's it so hard?" Xander asked. "You should just walk up to her and say, 'Hey, I like you. Let's go to the dance together.'"

Willow shrugged. "Direct and to the point. Go for it."

"I'm ready," Eric told them. "I wanna do it now. I gotta do it now."

"Oh, Buffy's not here," Willow told him. "She's out with Brooke, Alice, Carmen and Wyatt. Who are training Brady to be a demon hunter."

"And helping Zoey control her gypsy magic," Xander added. "While hunting a demon and vampire."

Willow nodded. "Yeah, you know, the usual."

  ∞ 

Park

A car was parked with its windows all fogged up. Brady came falling into the field of view in slow motion, hitting the ground hard on his back, exhaling.

In the car, Cordelia broke off her kiss with a boy named Kevin. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Kevin asked.

Brady propped himself up, sighing, getting up.

"There you go, Brady," Carmen told him. "Doesn't matter if he knocks you down. So long as you get back up."

In the car, Cordelia looked at Kevin. "Someone's out there."

"That's silly," Kevin told her. "Who would be out there?"

Outside, The vampire growled at them. Brady pulled a stake out from underneath his jacket behind his back, holding it pointing away from him. The vampire frowned at the sight of it. Brady smirked mischievously. This infuriated the vampire as he launched himself closer. Brady ducked, kicking the vampire twice, stunning him, immediately plunging the stake home, making him fall over backward and burst into ashes when he hit the ground.

"Three in one night," Wyatt told them. "Giles would be so proud. I know we are."

"Yeah, because you, Buffy, Brooke, Alice and Carmen are playing teachers to me and Brady," Zoey told him. "Congrats, Wyatt. You got Brady to be a decent hunter so far."