Chapter 4

Gerard's POV

I jerked away from Frank when I heard Carter at the door. Luckily he didn't come in, or he would have seen me and Frank in a compromising position. Thank god Frank replied before me because I would've said any random thing, my mind was still whirling!

When I said 'compromising position', we weren't doing anything dirty. Here's a flashback, to show you what I mean...

*Swirly colours and spacey music*

"Hey Gee. Can I see what you're writing?"

Frank scooted closer to me on the bed, peeking into my notepad.

"It's just... Well, we haven't made any music for a while. And I needed a way to vent my ideas and my sketchbook is full, and you know how much I have to keep my art so I can't just do it anywhere..."

"Gee, you're rambling again."

"Sorry, but it's true!"

"I know, just let me see!"

He read through the line I'd rushed to get down just minutes ago. Now I wished I'd taken more time to make my handwriting at least a little bit neater...

"Could you, sing them for me?" Frank asked with hope in his eyes.

"S-sure." I hope he didn't notice the fault in my speech. It had been so long since I had sung. But I had to try.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and sang the words I had already become familier with.

"And right here, right now

All the way in Battery City

The little children raise their open, filthy palms

Like tiny daggers up to heaven

And all the JuV halls and the Ritalin rats

Ask angels made from neon

And fucking garbage scream out "What will save us?"

And the sky opened up."

Frank was staring at me.

"I know. I haven't sang in years and only a few lines. I just wanted to do something I was familier with, you know?"

"Gee, that was awesome. Who cares if you haven't sang in years?! Your voice is still better than an angels! And those words, they show that you've not given up on life like so many. Gee; you're a surviver. An amazing one at that." Frank jumped up and flung his arms around me.

After a second of shock, I cuddled into his warm body. Bliss.

We spent about five minutes just sat there, bathing in each others companionship. When I started to pull away Frank grabbed my shoulders to pull me in again.

"Frank-"

But, instead of hugging me he pressed his lips firmly against mine.

And of course, I responded with equal fervor. The notepad was pused off the bed and tumbled onto the floor. He ran his fingers through my hair. We stayed like that for a... while.

*Swirly music and spacey music* (back to the present)

"Gee, are you sure you're okay?" Frank was looking at me with a serious expression on his face, but a bemused look in his goldy-brown eyes. His mouth was tilting up into a new brand of smile: his trademark smirk mixed with a flirty raising of his eyebrows- my smile.

"Uggggh, um, yeah I'm fine."

He laughed.

"Come on Gee, we've got to go meet Yara."

Right. Yes, Yara. The new girl Carter's looking after.

I blinked and widened my eyes a bit before standing up on shaky legs. Fank burst out laughing but tried to stifle his giggles when he saw me watching him. He has the cutest laugh.

Frank reached his hand toward my face and... tousled my hair. I looked at him questionably.

"Your hair was messy."

Frank's POV

Wow. Gee's... amazing. Incredible. Amazingly, incredibly talented. Those words he composed reminded me of the good old days. When My Chemical Romance used to perform for people, and we'd save peoples lives with our music. Back when me and Gee used to sneak around. Back when we had the chance to sneak around. Don't get us wrong, we loved our families. But. I had always liked Gee, and when we were on stage and were high with exhilaration and we'd kiss - I lived for those times. However, I was never sure he felt the same. I knew he wasn't completely straight, what with when he was with Bert McCracken - the jerk. He accused Gee of lying when he finally got clean. I almost punched the guy! How dare he accuse my Gee?! All he did was - Whoops, I'm getting carried away again. I was just being protective!

So I finally kissed Gee, for the first time in at least ten years, but for the real reason, not for the fans. We only stopped because Carter knocked on our door telling us to come and meet Yara- the new girl. Ahhh, the kid was smitten. Ha, I knew the feeling.

Gee had looked slighty startled when I kissed him, but only for a second. Now, he just looked dazed but happy. In fact, he looked like he was gonna faint! Kiss of life! Okay Frank, calm down. Would be funny though...

"Gee, are you sure you're okay?"

"Uggggh, um, yeah I'm fine."

Sure.

"Come on Gee, we've got to go meet Yara."

Just as I'd calmed down Gee started opening his eyes really wide and then squinting. They went so wide I thought his eyeballs would fall out! No sane person could keep a straight face at that!

But when he gave me a hard look I tried to stop my sniggering.

Then, in a spur of the moment choice, I reached up and tousled his soft, pink hair. He gave me a suspicious look. Shit. Try to your ass out of this one Frankie!

I paused before answering, "Your hair was messy."

Actually it looked completely normal, me being the hair-perv that I am, just wanted to stroke those luscious locks...