| THE TIGER'S OMEGA | 15 |

| KALEB

The Alpha stared at the note with furrowed brows, his lips pulled into a snarl. This would be the tenth time he'd read the disturbing message, he seemed to get angrier every time. He threw the note onto to his desk as he began pacing behind the chair where Luna sat. Her hands were interlocked as she leaned forward gazing at the open piece of paper in front of her in absolute seriousness.

Out of all the raging shifters in the room, I had to say the one scaring me the most was Luna. He claws were extended and the look in her eyes chilled me to the bone.

"Josh did this?" She said slowly, her tone latent with suppressed anger.

Alpha Drake growled menacingly at the sound of his name being uttered but resumed pacing. Darren was standing next to the desk, his face impassive. Pierce, the alphas beta, walked over to pick up the note. He examined it and his brows knit together before he placed it back down.

"Has anyone ever notice his feelings for Kaleb?" The red headed male asked, getting to business. I tried not to scoff. If he meant feelings of contempt and irritation, then yes, I'd say that I was quite familiar with his feelings. I frowned and felt the irritation simmering in Zev spike.

My mate hadn't said a word since we saw the note on my bed. He eyes were the bright emerald of his tiger's and they glared at anything that moved, breathed or looked in my direction. I was sitting on top of his lap, in front of the Alpha's large mahogany desk. Zev had one massive arm wrapped around my waist, gripping me to him securely. I could tell that he was miles past livid, I almost felt bad for Josh in that he had the terrifying wrath of a tiger shifter directed solely at him. Luna Eden looked at her son evenly.

"Did he ever confide in you with this, pup?" Darren's eyes met his mother's respectfully.

"No ma'am, he didn't. I wasn't aware that he had any feelings for Kaleb." He answered solemnly. Luna reached out and gripped his arm comfortingly, her gaze softening.

"I understand that he was your friend, pup, but-"

"He was like a brother to me, how could he do this?! Why-" he voice rose a little towards the end before cutting off. He whirled around his feelings of betrayal clear on his face as he walked over to the wall and punched it resulting in a hole. His chest was heaving through his pants as he pulled his hand from the wall. The alpha stopped pacing and moved to stand in front of his son, gripping his shoulder.

"Calm yourself," he said firmly before releasing him. "None of this makes sense," he began, addressing everyone in the room. "Why try to claim Kaleb now?" The alpha thought aloud. Yet for all the questions posed there was no answer. No one knew and we were all lost and confused.

"The more concerning question is why he would mutilate a pack member just to prove a point." The beta spoke up. "Or how the hell he managed to leave a note in Kaleb's room completely unnoticed."

"Kaleb," my Luna addressed me "Did you smell a scent belonging to someone other than you or Zev in your room?" She asked in all seriousness. I gulped before responding, feeling Zev's arm tighten further. I shook my head in the negative.

"No, the scent of the flowers was overbearing, to the point where it hurt my nose." I informed her. " I couldn't smell any thing else besides them."

"He must have used them to cover his scent." She concluded releasing me from her gaze. Immediately my shoulders relaxed and I melted further into Zev seeking reassurance. There were a lot of dominant shifters in here, my wolf was intimidated and Zev helped to calm our frayed nerves.

"So, he claims Kaleb as his own, leaving notes in two different locations and covers his scent in both places," the Alpha surmised as he resumed pacing behind his mate's chair. "That kind of makes sense, leave a message, not a trace. But why reveal himself as the culprit?"