| THE TIGER'S OMEGA | 30 |

| ZEV

"Twins..." Kaleb trailed off shakily. "How do you know?"

"The simplest and most obvious explanation is that your stomach has developed far too quickly over such a short period of time for there to be only one baby." She explained. "That and I've been doing this longer than you've been alive. At this point I just know these things."

"So when he threw up this morning..."

"Morning sickness, it shouldn't get much worse the first few weeks. The closer he gets to labor, it should pick up a bit. As you can see, it doesn't last very long." Samira explained, grabbing a chair and sitting a few feet from us. She also grabbed a clipboard and began jotting down notes. "Now, a typical werewolf pregnancy is around two months or three months, however, tiger cubs develop within three to four months. Since I can't tell which you will be having, I can't tell how long the pregnancy will be." she said looking up from her board. "I would also like to mention, that if you do intend on being sexually active, to make sure it is not overly stressful for Kaleb's body."

Kaleb's face turned red, but he was frozen in shock. In a way I understood. It was a lot to take in. 

"Are you alright, Kaleb?" I asked rubbing his arm comfortingly. I was beginning to get worried that he didn't actually want this. He may have said otherwise earlier, but that could have been his heat talking. Did he regret this?

"No! I don't regret it!" He exclaimed out loud, turning in my arms. His cheeks were flushed as fresh tears wet them. "I could never regret this," He threw his arms around my neck exuberantly, burying his face there.

"Careful, now." I said softly, a smile of my own nearly splitting my face in two. I rubbed his back gently as he pulled back a little beaming. I wiped the tears from his cheeks. 

"We're gonna have pups!" He squealed. I couldn't help but kiss his cute button nose. I was so ridiculously in love with this little wolf, it didn't make any sense. Kaleb giggled scrunching his nose before pecking my lips. It was hard to wrap my head around the fact that Kaleb was not carrying one, but two babies. I was concerned that it would be too much his little body. I didn't linger on that thought for long, Kaleb was practically vibrating in my lap. "We're gonna be dads!" Kaleb exclaimed, damn near bouncing.

"Yeah, we are," I agreed cupping the side of his cheek tenderly. I don't think I could be any happier than I was in this moment. The rest of the world faded away as I stared into my mate's large grey eyes. 

However, our bubble of happiness was popped when Josh ran into the room looking shaken. Kaleb tried to get off my lap, but I wasn't having it. I growled, causing him to whimper as he stopped his attempts.

"Josh, are you okay?" Kaleb asked his friend.

"I- you need come see this." Josh said quickly, before rushing off.

I got up keeping Kaleb in my arms before following in Josh's wake. Samira was close behind as we made our way to the front door. I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw on the otherside of the it. Kaleb placed his hands over his stomach as he pressed himself as far into my chest as he could.

Josh stood by the door,  refusing to look out of it. His fists were clenched and his eyes were filled with anger as well as some other emotion I couldn't place.  I could smell the blood in the air as a sense of deja vu washed over me. With a clamped jaw, I set Kaleb on the couch before beckoning Josh over. 

He was at Kaleb's side in an instant, careful not to get too close to him though. I was glad. I'm barely keeping it together as it is and I would hate for Darren to have to pick up dismembered peices of his mate.