INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION

The sunrise. I've always loved its golden glow on the horizon. Whenever I watch the sun go up, there is always an uplifting sensation that transcends all of my present emotion. When I was a kid, I see it as a giant halo. Now, I know it as a beacon that gives off that positive feeling I was named after. I wish I could live by it and give my name the integrity it ought to have. I am Hope. But I am also hopeless.

To be honest, this isn't all about me. I'm just one of the billions of victims around this planet. The aggression, the hostility, the evil that humans were capable of-it has been with us since the dawn of time. Perhaps, that evil was just waiting its turn to take over. And when it finally did, it made me its unlikely survivor. I wish it could've picked a better one because I'm of no use anyway. If this is a kind of game, I'll lose easily. I don't know how to defend myself. I have the mentality of a chameleon. I don't fight. I disappear out of sight. Doesn't this evil think that that would be a total bore?

But it is said that no matter how small the pebble is, it will still make ripples in water. Nothing is made out of unnecessary and everything has a causal effect on everyone. That's what I'm about to learn because no matter how hard I run, the ghosts of my own makings will chase me and turn me into what I'm supposed to be.

Because I am Hope.