music box

"Come on, Erich we don't have much time." Adalicia looked around in scattered directions as if to find a human shadow. She sucked her teeth at his slow and steady pace, but Erich merely snickered under his breath at her impatience.

"What's so funny?" She cocked an eyebrow his general direction, little sprawls of her baby pink hair getting in her face from the constant head jerks.

"You. You're worrying about finding another vampire in this massive castle when I've told you that everyone is waiting for us in the dining hall." A small grin spread across his face and, even undead, a glimmer in his eye as he pulled her to turn left. They were getting close to his room.

"Oh." She was a bit stumped but she wasn't going to show it. To interjexct his know-it-all statement, she merely scratched at the inside of his palm. A double sided meaning that she need not leave open for interpretation.

Erich eyed her quizzingly, his hand twitching in a slight reaction to her gesture. She kept her eyes forward but he could hint the twinkle in her eye. She was excited to see where it all began. He even had to look around to recall the numerous memories that entranced his mind from his childhood to his adolescence to..that day he changed.

He swallowed hard at the thought of that final moment in his adulthood that he would be transformed into this eternal being - seeing his friends and lovers wither away and die in the years going forward.

It was a somber moment. But with a slowed pace of his feet in front of a large, dark wood door that had a type of foreign inscription in the center. Maybe Latin, what the hell did he know.

He gripped the doorknob and pulled Adalicia closer. "We're here." He said with a breath. Adalicia was silent in her response, but one could cut the tension with a knife.

Looking left, then right, then left again, Erich shimmied the doorknob until he heard a deep clicking noise coming from the opposite side of his bedroom. When the door creaked open Erich just looked back at Adalicia with a soft grin before escorting her inside of his chambers.

By God, it looked untouched from so many years ago

His bed was still lacquered in a dark blue sheet stretched across his king sized bed with subtle grey undertones and an even more pristine slew of decorative pillows that he couldn't even put his finger on on how long it took him long ago to simply toss those pillows to the floor to engage in a nights slumber.

Sometimes he missed the simplicity of being a human. Even if his family were royals long before, they all had a routine he missed. Now he tries his best to sleep when he can and tries to engage his pallet in different cuisines that he once loved so long ago. Now, everything quelled a dull sensation on his pallid if it weren't fresh off the bone and doused in blood.

He missed cooked steak and roasted potatoes. Some days he just despised the gore of it all.

"Erich?" Adalicia held his hand tighter, signaling his attention. "It feels sad in here." Erich eyed her again but continued to focus on his old bedroom, guiding her atop his bed with ease.

"Up you go, lass" he said reassuringly, kissing her cheek with a delicate peck.

"Thank you, kind sir." she giggled. Kicking her legs back and forth while she hummed to herself.

Erich on the other hand continued to observe his bedroom from the finest fetails to the more obscure images. It felt sad in the room? What did she mean by that?

He adjusted his shirt collar and walked over to his dresser, looking at his physique in the now dusty mirror. He looked at his pale skin and crimsoned undereyes in silence while his eyes traced anything specific that may have triggered her analysis.

And there it was. A blue music box that was a very delicate silver design with blue gems embedded in around its perimeter. Upon closer inspection he held it to his face and fingered the raised details of the music box, eyeing the indents where the gems where placed. It looked like one could push down on the gems.

Pressing the gems in a specific pattern with silent concentration, he finally figured out the code and the music box slowly sprang to life. Opening itself up before him and tinkling a somber melody as a small bird placed on the rotator spun slowly around and around and around until the song ended. The bird disappeared in the bellies of the music box once again.

It was a gift from his mother before she died and it seemed to be the only thing that remained cleaned in his whole bedroom.

Erich tightened his jaw and gripped the music box in his hand as the thoughts of his mother danced across his memory. She was a soft woman with chestnut hair and eyes as grey as the foggy skies of England and a smile that charmed a murdeorus sinner into submission.

She was beautiful. Beautiful enough to sacrifice herself for her sons and his bastard father.

He missed her so.

"Erich?" Adalicia rang him out of his trance again but this time the tone of her voice rang a type of need and a type of want that he remembered so subtly.

Erich softly placed the music box down and loosened his tie as he turned around to gaze upon Adalicia's bare form. She had lowered her dress down to her waist and let her pigtails down so her locks can cascade down her back. The clicks of Erich's shoes echoed in the room as he stood in front of her. His structured face remaining stoic as she looked upwards to his general direction.

"Do you still desire me, Erich?" Adalicia questioned with a blush. She did a habitual thing where she fidgeted with her hair and rubbed her cuticles when she was anxious. And she did both. Erich said nothing but look at her.

He did more than desire her. He wanted to whisk her away from all of this royal debauchery and live a proper life with her. He desired her. He craved her. He grew enameled with her very presence that not even the fairest maiden can distract him from her being.

Who cares if she was blind? She had a spirit of gold and a charm that one couldn't come across in their day and age anymore.

His brother didn't deserve her.

Dropping his tie he loosened his shirt and softly pushed her down onto the bed, hovering over her naked torso and looking down at her with a tightened jaw. He knew this was wrong.

"More than you know." he whispered into the stagnant silence of the bedroom air.

Adalicia continued to look up at Erich for what seemed like an eternity before leaning her neck to the side revealing old bite marks that had healed long ago.

"Then show me. Show me how you need me." One could hear the curtains sway by how timid the atmosphere has become.

Erich swallowed hard. He could feel his palette salivate at the idea of her essence being suckled into his mouth to flow down his throat like a lustrous rivine

"Ada-" he stammered.

"No." she retorted. "I want this I don't care who's my soon to be husband. I'll heal anyway. Just do it"

Erich gasped at her demands but before he was able to halt anything she pulled him down and laid on his lips a passionate peck, sinking her own fangs down into his bottom lip.

He let out a muffled groan and tried hard to break his urge by pulling away. But when she didn't let up he felt his senses blur and his body tingled all over. She knew what she was doing.

He tasted her blood.

There was a rumbling snarl emanating from his throat and all else was a blur after Adalicia let out an abrupt gasp in the darkness.