Chapter 7

Constantin was back in the same old cold room again. His hands and feet chained with cold dark magic metals. It kept a strong hold on him. His body stripped from any article of clothing to humiliate him even more. Constantin could feel his heart beating at an unimaginable speed of fear. He knew what was going to happen next. Alpha Viktor enjoyed his little play time where he will beat Constantin to the point of unconsciousness.

It was brutal and painful. It took days before he was fully healed. His palms began to sweat when he heard the heavy footsteps pounding on the cemented floor. Clenching his teeth he brave himself for what will be happening in just a few short minutes.

Pain.

That was all he felt every time Alpha Viktor was there.

Constantin was a punching bag.

Chained to the room with no ability to fight back.

Vehement words flew into the air.

Alpha Viktor's eyes held a coldness that even Constantin knew a mate couldn't feel.

The searing pain that lashed onto his back.

The sound of a whip.

He felt every last one of them and he bit his tongue to stop himself from screaming out loud but Alpha Viktor would never stop until he finally did.

"Constantin."

His heart skipped for a different reason in his chest.

He knew that voice.

"Constantin."

"Constantin!"

"Wake up!" She pushed him.

He needed to listen. Her voice soothed over his pain; covered the sound of Alpha Viktor's malicious laughter.

Goddess, she sounded like an angel. His angel. His mate.

Immediately the scene changed and he was somewhere else. He was in a dark room where he couldn't see a single thing. He squinted and felt his way around but felt nothing.

Suddenly a light appeared from the corner of his eyes. He turned to see Natalya standing before him but there was something different about her. Her face was cold and emotionless. He could see the disgust in her eyes and the pain in his chest increased.

"You are weak." She spat.

He took one step towards her and she recoiled almost as if he was an abomination.

"The Moon Goddess made a mistake of pairing me up with you. You couldn't even protect me when I needed you." She said with so much hate.

Please Natalya. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. He signed immediately as he took fast steps towards her. She shook her head and she fell farther away from him.

"I don't need you. I don't want you." She repeated.

"Alpha Viktor was right. You are worthless. No one will want a broken man." She continued.

Pain shot through Constantin's whole body. He felt like he was bathing in a fire. His skin was burning alive. His heart was filled with betrayal, hurt, and anger. He wanted her to listen to him. He will do anything to prove to her he was worthy. She might not need him but he needed her.

"Constantin!" Another voice pierced through Natalya's voice.

This one wrapped around him again like a warm blanket that shielded him from the burning fire that crawled on his skin.