4

"What's wrong? You haven't been alright since you got back from the store but you tried to hide it." Lisa asked Brooklyn.

"Nothing. I'm just exhausted that's all." Brooklyn shrugged nonchalantly.

It had been two weeks since the incident happened. Lisa had gone to her date with Michael and they hadn't gotten enough of each other since then. They weren't planning to date but were planning to court for a couple of months then get married. If it was up to Lisa, they'd get married instantly.

"Brook, you are lying to me. You have been quiet lately and it's unlike you." Lisa tried again.

"No I'm not. I'm just exhausted from all that talking with Dylan. You know, trying to get him to talk and stuff." Brooklyn sighed. She didn't want to steal Lisa's joy by bringing up the past.

"What has he done now?" Lisa asked in exasperation.

"Nothing. He's not into talking." She shrugged in response.

"I know that already. But there's something else that's bothering you,it's like something spooked you the night you went to get dessert. And I'm not letting it go. So you better start talking." Lisa folded her arms.

Brooklyn sighed and left the carrots that she was chopping and sat down on the kitchen counter.

"I saw him by the shops." She said and Lisa looked at her confused.

"Dylan? Obviously you will see him because it's a small world or town but..." she suddenly paused because she knew Brooklyn wouldn't react like that to Dylan. There was only one person who came to mind. She froze.

Richard.

"What did he want this time? Hasn't he taken too much already? I'm going to hunt him down and get him arrested or maybe kill him, which one is better? Jail or-" Lisa got cut off by Brooklyn.

"Or murder. You won't get away with it. But that's besides the point, we should forgive and forget just as the Lord forgives us, we should do the same. But I've tried, Lisa. It's so hard to let go, even if I forgive him, I still can't forget it. It's so hard. I've tried letting go." She started to cry. Lisa comforted her.

They stood there for a while, just letting Brooklyn let it out. After she sobered up, she went to clean up and they just made dinner together.

***

Dylan finally got his plan on how he can get Brooklyn out of the office. How to make her leave her workplace. He was going to make a bet with her. She seemed like the kind of woman who doesn't like to lose. He knew that she was running out of patience for him since he wasn't talking.

But today, it would be different. He will talk.

As he knocked off work an hour early to go to therapy. He parked and prepared himself for today. He wasn't a nervous person but when it came to seeing Dr Hastings, he was nervous wreck. He still needed to find out her first name.

He locked his car and went inside to wait until it was his turn.

His turn came and the reception whose name read 'Hannah'.

He smiled at her as a thank you and the door opened and Dr Hastings came to view.

***

"Do love your job?" Dylan asked Brooklyn. She was finishing up her report for today.

"yes, very much." she answered as she looked up from her writing surprised.

"Would you do anything for it?" He asked once again.

"uh, it depends on what that anything is," Brooklyn said. She was actually surprised where all these questions were coming from but she didn't question it. It was better for him to talk than just sit there smirking.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"o...kay. Go ahead." Brooklyn replied nervously. What was Dylan going to ask her?

"Come with me to Spain." He said calmly.

"WHAT?" Brooklyn shrieked as she jumped up from the couch. "Are you joking right now?"
She started laughing until she actually looked at him. He really was not joking.

She began panicking and then started hyperventilating. Why would he do such a thing ? She couldn't believe it. The more the hyperventilated, the harder it became to act normally. She felt dizzy from lack of oxygen. But why was she panicking in the first place? she didn't know the answer to that question. But that did not help that she was still panicking.

She looked at him as he drifted further and further. His voice became farther and farther. Her eyes felt heavy and that't when she felt herself falling. But something blocked her impact.

And that's when everything went black.