1. Little Mrs. Virginia

* LISTEN I KNOW THE NAME BIZZLE IS CRINGY BUT KEEP IN MIND I WROTE THIS STORY A WHILE BACK AND THERES A REASON HE DOESNT GO BY HIS REAL NAME SO JUST STFU AND CHILL OUT
YOU DONT HAVE TO COMMENT THAT ITS CRINGY AND U WANT THEM TO CALL HIM JUSTIN ON EVERY PARAGRAPH FOR FUCKS SAKE. *
Okay, enjoy :)

It had to have been the longest drive I had ever experienced. I guess that really wasn't saying a whole lot, since I had never driven more than 30 miles away from my home town. Still, by anyone's standards the drive was absurdly long. According to Google maps, it was roughly 12 hours and 42 minutes. Assuming that's if you're super human and never need a pit stop, of course.

I sat in the front seat with my legs kicked up on the dash board. My dad and I were already about 11 hours into the drive.

I had been born and raised in Vienna, Virginia, along with every other member of my family. In fact all my relatives graduated from a local college there and my future had been planned in the same line. So here I was pushing the buttons on our family plan. It took months for me to convince them to let me move on campus, but I finally did it. I was actually on my way to a new life.

Unfortunately for me, I was going at this completely alone. Of course I had my share of friends from high school, particularly my best friend Joey Hayes, but starting off as a freshman on campus, in a new state, was nerve wrecking at it's finest. I haven't seen much of Joey since he popped in to Vienna this passing summer, he's been in Memphis the past school year. I feared that if I caught up with him he may have a new bundle of friends. They might hate me. I might not fit in.

If I'm being honest with myself, I'm not the most social person out there. I usually keep to myself, trying to avoid contact with others. I'm not one of those girls who puts themselves out there or takes risks, I just kinda slide under the radar. People were never really interested in me anyway. I was just the quite bystander in every and any situation. That's who I am. That's who I plan to be from now and on. Though, part of me had a little ray of hope staying on campus would get me more involved with people.

Before I left home, I was constantly looking in the mirror. Wondering if my simple medium length brown hair and no make up look was enough for the college life. I continuously convinced myself that it didn't matter, for I was going to college for an education and nothing else. I truly believe the only reason my parents even let me on this journey was because they were actually worried about my anti social future and figured living at the college is actually a great way to improve that. Well, my mom thought that anyway. My father however was the having a melt down. He didn't want me leaving town, starting a new life, meeting new people. He wanted me right where I was, where he could keep a close eye on every move I made. In my heart, I believe that was one of the major reasons my mother pushed for me to live on campus. My dad was seriously a little too much at times.

The final hour strolled by, we had finally arrived at Memphis University in Tennessee. I sat up in my seat actually feeling quite excited as I peered my eyes out the window. I watched the people passing by, it seemed most were walking or riding a bike/skateboard to get around.

Over the summer my room number and classes had been emailed over to me, my dad attempted to toss them out in hopes that I would simply give up and stay back home, but my younger brother caught him in the act. I'm still unsure if Alan did it because he wanted the best for me or because he couldn't wait to finally get me out of his life. A little bit of both I presumed.

The car pulled up to the location in, specifically set up for student drop off.

He turned the engine off in a parallel parked position. I swung the door open and hopped out-almost before it stopped moving. Running to the trunk, pulling it open, I grabbed my few suit cases out. Dad came around the car to help. "You want me to help you carry these to your room?" Dad asked closing the trunk after I pulled my items out.