Chapter 2

"SURPRISE."

I grabbed my chest as I heard the shouting and light came on. The tears that I always held came out. There's a mixture of people in the room. There's my family, my friends and most of my classmates who I became close to in high school. I held back my sobs as my very best friend came into the view, grinning at me. It was Isobel, she hugged me tightly and whispered Happy Birthday. A series of people came to me and hugged me. Then after them I saw my mother which made this day more better, I run up to her and embrace her. I pulled back and run my gaze all around the room. The arrangement was spectacular, it's like a period era party arrangement.

"Who arranged this? " I asked as Elsie went  to me.

She smiled and answered "We all contributed to make this, to surprise you" This scenario must sound like impossible or only happen in movies but it's not it's really happening. The fact that I don't know and don't want to know the real reason makes me want to weep. Twenty-eight years of living this is the first time someone made an effort for my birthday.

Ten minutes later as I was laughing with Ericka and Elsie, I remembered the taxi. I excused myself to pay the driver for waiting and thank him. But as I walk out of the venue, I was struck with something that I can't explain. The taxi that I was going to was slowly disappearing. I turned to ask someone what was happening but what I saw frightened me a bit. I saw my guests for my birthday gathered around the entrance looking at me with a bit of frightening smiles.

I felt a lump forming in the back of my throat as their faces became blurry. As everything became blurry I saw myself not the twenty-eight year old woman but rather the sixteen years old teenage girl offering her hand for me to take. I don't know what's happening if I'm dying or this life of mine became suddenly the world of Harry Potter, I walked towards the younger version of me. I hesitated for a moment if I should accept the offered hand or just walk away. But I made up my mind I close my eyes and put my hand over hers and I felt her grip my hand tightly then I felt her face moved towards mine then I heard her whisper.

"Remember what F. Scott Fitzgerald said?" I heard her whisper.

My heart was thumping wildly that I can hardly as I tried to remember what it was. I shook my head in answer as I can't really remember what it was.

"I wrote it in the very first page when grandfather gave it to me" she paused for a second before continuing " F. Scott Fitzgerald said that "You don't write you want to say something. You write because you have something to say" At that I felt the world spinning around me. A series of flashback came into my mind and it stopped.

I opened my eyes and struck by the view of papers scattered all around. I read the writing just like I  always did when I finished a story. I smiled as I finish this prophecy of mine, of what's my life ten years from now keeping in mind that I don't write because I want to it's because I have to.

My imagination flew me again into an unknown world. A world that wanted to exist but unable to. A world that only exist in my head. A world that is only mine to live and watch. A world that I can only write.