I Remember You

"I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to ruin your chance with Grace" I told Jacob. In all honestly I never thought all this would have happened.

"It's alright man, we already had stopped dancing and started talking when we saw what was going on. But I had already gotten her number." He smiled proudly. We stayed at the party a bit longer hanging out with some of the team that wasn't drinking since they had to drive. Some of them were with their girlfriend but they didn't mind Jacob and I being there. We were messing around with each other and they introduced us to some of their friends. But we left the party two hours later.

      The next day was a Sunday and I got up around 11 am to go for a run. As I ran I spotted some kids circling around I decided to go check it out and noticed they were a group of maybe 10 year olds making fun of a kid for not being able to catch the football. I started to laugh at them and they all turned to look at me knowing exactly who I was. I moved them out of the way and helped the kid up. "What your name?" I asked him. "Alex" he replied. "I'm William." I said looking at the kid wondering if I had seen him before since he looked so familiar. "I know who you are, you like one of the best soccer players in the state!" He said excitedly. I laughed at this. "You play?" I asked him. He shook his head nodding yes and I knelt Down on one knee and told all of them, "American football, yeah it’s a tough sport only because you’re getting knocked down every second by someone but it’s not a big deal since they only actually play 13 minutes" they shook their heads being old enough to know what I was talking about on how they have 3 teams In one and have a tremendous amount of breaks between plays. "Now soccer" I said. "That's a true sport; you need skill, speed, and foot work. That's a real sport" the kids nodded once again being influenced by me. "How bout we play a game" I looked around and saw a soccer ball on the grass. As I went to go pick it up I noticed a pair of feet approach me, I looked up to notice it was Anna.

      She had her arms crossed and a soft expression on her face, being completely different then yesterday. "Thanks" she mumbled as I got up.

"I'm sorry what’s that" I asked doing it just to bug her since I had heard her. "Thanks!" She said louder this time dropping her hands to her side. "For?" I asked. Wondering what I had five since yesterday hadn't gone to well with her.

 "That's my brother" she said pointing toward Alex. "Thank you for doing that" she added. "William! Come on we want to play!" The group of kids said. I set the ball down and kicked it right to Alex. "I call being on Alex's team" I yelled to them as they immediately started playing. Alex was actually good for being his age.

"I didn’t know that was your brother." I said honestly though now I realized why he looked so familiar, he looked exactly like Anna but just a more boyish version.

"I know. Or else I don't think you would of helped him like you did since what happened last night." She said looking down.

"I would have, he seems like a good kid." I told her looking at her making her look up from feeling her being stared at

"He is. Anyway thanks." She said again turning around about to go back in. I turned around going to go play a game with the kids.

"Oh and William." She said. I turned to look at her then I said "yeah?"with a confused look on my face. She giggled a bit. "You said you go to Hunnington right?" I smiled at the fact that she remembered this. "Sure do." I said wanting to smack my hand on head for saying something like that instead of a simple 'yeah' or something. "Then I guess I’ll see you around." She smiled and walked in to her house.

      The next day at school everyone was talking about Justin’s party. I was walking with Jacob when Rebecca walked by us with some girls. She just rolled her eyes at me as if she hadn't thrown herself at me last night. Jacob laughed and walked into his class. I went toward mine and then I saw Anna. I smiled at her and she came up to me "Hey." I smiled at her.