S E V E N | Oops

{Pic of Olivia}

Artist (s): Airto

Song: Tears (This song is actually amazing)

Sometimes being seen is the same as being saved.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

My eyes fluttered open when I felt someone shake me. The sunlight peeked through the curtains directly hitting my eyes. I shuffled covering my eyes, sitting up leaning against the wall. 

"Why are you on the floor?" I jumped at his voice. I forgot he was standing there. I looked at the bed next to me and then back at the floor where I was laying. I cleared my throats, standing up so I didn't have to crane my neck to look at Neel. What was I supposed to say? I wasn't used to a bed? I'm not used to comfort so I slept on the floor? This is so humiliating. 

"What time is it?" Neel knew I changed the subject and he didn't push it. Something flashed in his eyes for a second before he answered.

"Time to get ready for school" Neel walked back out leaving me to my thoughts. I didn't want to go to school. I didn't want to face him. But I couldn't hide either. I sighed trying to find my clothes from yesterday. Instead I found a camouflage slip on hoodie laying on my bed. Neel must have left it for me.  I grabbed it and my jeans from yesterday and headed for the bathroom to take a quick shower. I brushed my teeth - with the toothbrush that Neel had also left me - getting changed into the clothes. The hoodie was extremely big on my frame. The sleeves nearly covered my hands entirely whereas the hoodie itself ended mid-thigh. I combed my hair pulling it up into a bun before slipping on my tattered sneakers.

I found Neel in conversation with Julian and Julius in the kitchen when I walked in.  As soon as I walked in, they said their goodbyes sending me a curt nod, heading for the door.

"What do you want to eat?" Neel asked getting off his stole and walking to the stove. I pulled at my sleeves.

"I don't eat breakfast" Neel turned around assessing me.

"I don't doubt that. But, you didn't eat much last night either. Even if it's a little bit, you need to eat." I titled my head looking at him. Wasn't Neel supposed to be a violent guy who didn't give a shit about anyone? This wasn't that Neel.

"Okay" I whispered taking a seat. 

"Cereal or pancakes?" 

"Cereal's fine" Neel nodded shuffling around the kitchen making a bowl of cereal for me and himself too. He set the bowl in front of me before he started eating his own. We sat in silence for the majority of the time before Neel broke it.

"If anyone bothers you, you come straight to me. Got it?" Neels gaze was burning me. I nodded but didn't meet his eyes. 

"Why are you helping me? Why do you care?" Neel froze mid-bite. He slowly dropped the spoon back into the bowl and looked at me. 

"You complaining?" He raised his eyebrows. I quickly shook my head, pushing the bowl of cereal away from me. I hadn't eaten a lot, but it was definitely more than usual.