Chapter 5: Gifts

Ahh!

Tuesday treat for you all! Love you guys to the moon and back!

Song of the chapter is, "Sedated" by Hozier.

Remember to drop me a comment or vote!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made her hundreds of bracelets that were all pieces of shit until I finally made one that didn't look like Lander did it. It had tiny red flowers, that reminded me of her hair, tucked into it, green vines made the band along with dried vines that gave it lasting strength. I tucked some of my fur into one of the crevices so it would smell like me. It was small, but so was her wrist. She could easily hide it, easily always keep a piece of me with her whether she was on this side of the line or not.

David told me before we left that he talked to Billy who said he was going to do some recon work for us. Billy apparently didn't mind a little trouble, and right now we needed someone with that kind of mindset.

"You could write her a song, sing one for her," Bowie tells me while we walk back to our meeting place by the creek.

"Girls don't really like that," David says. "You could make her something? You could carve her a knife, or even some arrowheads?"

"So what? She can cut his balls off?"

"She's already done that," Lander snickers out.

A growl vibrates off of me to him. He shrugs, brushing it off with a laugh. He was getting an ass beating later.

"Arrowheads, stick to the arrowheads," David tells me because apparently, his future mate was getting an armory from him.

The others lingered back while I walked towards our meeting place. I could smell her before I saw her; she was early, a thought that had me actually smiling.

My hand brushed over my pant pocket where her bracelet was. I felt like such a fool, but I had to up my game.

I was going to reach for it but another scent hit my nose. It was male and too damn close to Emmett.

Shit.

"Lander watch my flanks," I say.

I crept in quietly around the boulders, half expecting Emmett to stroll out and meet me. Instead, when I turned the corner, Eve was arguing hotly with another male, dark hair, blue-green eyes, and a hotness in his tone that reminded me of his father. Another male was to the side, trying to reason with the first male; tall, sandy blonde hair, and a thick build.

The voices stopped when I stepped closer. A growl reverberated off of the first male. My beast charged forward. I didn't care if this was her idiot brother, he wasn't going to ruin this for us.