nineteen

[the next day]

[the next day]

"So? Did you ask her out?" Juhyun asked Taehyung.

Taehyung shot her a dirty look. He knew that Juhyun didn't know about Lunai's past with Jimin, but he couldn't help but throw shade at her. "No, I didn't," he flatly replied.

She raised her hands in defense. "I was just asking a question. Was she okay yesterday?"

"She was fine. We just talked."

Lunai was late to class, fast walking up the stage while rummaging through her bag to find her script.

"Sorry, sorry," she whispered. "Found it!" she exclaimed with a smiled as she showed everyone her script. "Sorry, guys! I'm back though!"

Everyone cheered and applauded her. Lunai smiled and mockingly bowed down.

"What scene are we rehearsing, Professor?" Lunai asked.

"Uh—let's start at act 3, scene 5."

"Hang thee, young baggage! Disobedient wretch! I tell thee what: get thee to church o' Thursday, or never after look me in the face. Speak not, reply not, do not answer me. My fingers itch. Wife, we scarce thought us blest that God had lent us but this only child: now I see this one is one too much, and that we have a curse in having her. Out on her, hilding!" Hongbin shouted, throwing his arm in front of himself.

"God in heaven bless her! You are to blame, my lord, to rate her so!" Jisoo shouted.

"And why, my lady wisdom? Hold your tongue, good prudence; smatter with your gossips, go. Nurse, I speak no treason," Hongbin commanded.

"May not one speak?" Jisoo asked.

"Peace, you mumbling fool! Utter your gravity o'er a gossip's bowl, for here we need it not," he said.

"You are too hot!" Juhyun exclaimed, fanning herself.

"Then to have a wretched puling fool, a whining mammet, in her fortune's tender, to answer 'I'll not wed; I cannot love, I am too young; I pray you, pardon me.' But, as you will not wed, I'll pardon you: graze where you will you shall not house with me: Look to't, think on't, I do not use to jest. Thursday is near; lay hand on heart, advise: An you be mine, I'll give you to my friend; And you be not, hang, beg, starve, die in the streets, For, by my soul, I'll ne'er acknowledge thee, nor what is mine shall never do thee good: Trust to't, bethink you; I'll not be forsworn," Hongbin angrily shouted out, exiting the stage.

"Is there no pity sitting in the clouds, that sees into the bottom of my grief? O, sweet my mother, cast me not away! Delay this marriage for a month, a week; Or, if you do not, make the bridal bed in that dim monument where Tybalt lies." Lunai cried, tears streaming down her face. She reached out for Juhyun.

Juhyun turned around, shunning Lunai. "Talk not to me, for I'll not speak a word. Do as thou wilt, for I have done with thee."