Marrying My Best Friend

I can feel my body stiffens, I don't know what to do. There are so many people, and in any minute, I'll be walking. Hundreds of pair of eyes will be watching me as I walk towards him, towards my love. I shouldn't be nervous right now. I take a deep breath.

          Suddenly, it’s starting. There are kids walking towards the altar, picking some petals in their basket, throwing it in the air. My father is in my left, and my mother is in my right. My mom puts an arm inside mine, so does my father. And together, we walk towards to my future husband (in any minutes).

          Mason stares at me, with his intense blue eyes looking at me. I can’t concentrate at all. With his caramel blonde hair slicked back, he looks like a god. My heart is beating so fast, maybe trillions beats per second? My mother kisses my cheek and so does my father, then he gives me to Mason. And suddenly, I feel like I’m melting with his touch, a smile is tugging in my lips.

          And the wedding ceremony starts.

          “I, Mason Ashmore, take you, Kitty Paris, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.” Mason says to me. His eyes are looking straight into mine and I can barely concentrate.

          This is my time to say the pledge, but it seems like I can’t as the words stuck deep in my throat. My heart is beating so fast, and I am not calm. I guarantee that. I’m afraid that I’d ruin this marriage ceremony. I look at my mom and gives me a motherly smile. She’s always been supportive of me.

          “I – I…. I…” I stutter, take a deep breath, and restart again. “I, Kitty Paris, take you, Mason Ashmore, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.” I sigh in relief. “I will love you for eternity, and I swear to God, no one will ever divide my love for you.”

          The priest says “You may now kiss the bride.” And Mason doesn’t hesitate, he grabs my face and kisses me deeply on the lips. My whole body stiffens and I want to melt in his arms, I kiss him back and the crowd roars at us. Cheering at us.

          Just got married, I think.

          My name is Kitty Paris Ashmore, the wife of Mason Ashmore. Yipee!