Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Kitty Paris

Crying. That's the thing I always do whenever I wake up. In the morning. In the afternoon. In the evening. Even in midnight. I just want to cry and cry all day and all night. Because it makes me realize how stupid I am for doing this to Mason. I didn't mean to hurt him. I didn't mean what I said that way. The last thing I want to do in this world is to hurt Mason. And I did hurt him.

He's not talking to me. He's completely ignoring me. He doesn't text me, message me or even take a glance at me. My heart is aching and longing for him. I tried talking to him but he just shrugged me and shut me out. Like, I didn't exist. Like, I was a person he used to know. In 5 days, we're getting married and we're still not in good terms and I wonder if we could go back the way we used to be. I know I'm being over-acting but it feels like that. My chest tightens against my chest as I continue to think of Mason, a knot is forming in my stomach, making it churn. I so want him to hold him and kiss him. But I can't.

I decide that I should talk to Mason whether he like it or not. I roll off my bed and brush the dry stains of tears on my cheeks and head off, not hesitating what I look like: in pajamas. I just walk until I reach Mason's apartment, enter in the elevator, punch 24th floor, the last floor of this building. Then get out as the elevator opens its automatic metal door. As I reach Mason's apartment's door, I'm contemplating whether I should knock or give him a call. Although I doubt he'd pick up if I call. So I knock. The door opens widely, revealing Mason. He's shirtless and his abs are ripped and very beautiful and hot. He groans and slams the door in front of me.

I bang the door with my hands as I shout to Mason, telling him to open the door.

My hands are red and tired from banging it. I stop. Then sob. "Mason... I'm sorry," I whisper whilst tears running down onto my puffy cheeks. I cry as I sit on the cold tiled floor. The hall is dark and cold. There are lights but they're dimmed. At the end of the hall, a big window is opened, revealing a starry sky and the half moon lies calmly across the galaxy. I just keep staring at it. Somehow, just looking at it makes me feel ease.

A pair of hands snake around my neck and I can feel his breath fanning the nape of my neck, making me shiver. My heart beats fast as Mason tightens his arms around me, hugging me tightly, securing me like I'm sort of a precious jewel from 15th century. I don't know if there's already a jewel in that century. Mason strokes my hair, running his hand smoothly against it.

"I'm sorry, KitKat." Mason whispers, his voice gives me hope and happiness. Just hearing his voice saying my nickname he gave me when we were 6 years old makes me cry from happiness. I snake an arm around his neck and nuzzle my face on the crook of it, still sobbing. "Shh, stop crying now, please? I'm here now and this is not going to happen again. I promise. I'm sorry." Mason pushes me just to look at my eyes and plants a soft kiss on my forehead that sends heavy sparks inside my body while my heart flips from the kiss. A pair of electric blue eyes is staring blazingly into mine. It's like he's looking into my soul, into my inner self, into my heart that is full of love for him. Then he puts his forehead on mine and his lips are only inches away from mine. I blink and he gives me a smile that reaches his twinkling eyes. I bury my face on the crook of his neck again and he tenses but then relaxes as I inhale his manly and sweet scent. "Let's go."

We stand up and enter his apartment, him leading me to his bedroom. His apartment is like mine, his only much bigger. There are one long couch lies in front of the T.V. A glass table is pushed beside the cushion. A blue bean bag is facing the big window that overlooks the city of Taguig. On the other side of this room is the kitchen. When we reach his bedroom, Beanie comes in. Mason has a pet cat. Beanie has a furry black and white thick furs and his eyes are light blue. I scoop him up and plants a kiss on top of his head and giggle as his thick furs hit my nose.

I crawl in his bed and put the comforter on top of me, then Mason climbs in as he pets Beanie. Then he lets go and slumps himself comfortably beside me, him facing my back. The bed creaks as Mason moves closer beside me, now my back is against his solid and hard chest. A blush makes its way on my cheeks. My breath hitches as I feel his hand hovers around me, pulling me closer against him. Then he nuzzles his face on the back of my neck, sending a shiver up and down through my spine. I shut my eyes, feeling the warm of his body oozing into mine. I want to say I love you. I want to say I'm in love with you. But I just can't. I just can't.

• • •

5 days have passed after Mason and I made up, here I am, preparing for the big day. My wedding. Mason and I's wedding. Misha is curling my hair and giving me soft smiles as she continues on whatever she's doing. My mom, Lisa, Lily, Jane—mom's secretary and Tiffany—mom's friend are with me. I'm reading a wedding magazine as I calm myself for this day. My wedding is happening today.

After we curl our hair, I head to my room with the girls trailing behind me. The wedding will be held in Quiapo Church. As I enter the room where my wedding dress lies on the soft whihte mattress, mom ushers me to wear the dress and all the girls help me. My wedding dress is a white and strapless dress with lots of expensive pearls on its bodice, a very long and big flower-like skirt that hits the floor. I take a glance of myself in the mirror, and must I say, I look different and very pretty and hot I could marry myself but that would be incest... for me.

"Just relax, Kitty." Tiffany says to me as I begin to tremble from nervousness that is nagging my heart. "Everything is going to be okay."

"Plus, your future husband is so hot!" Lisa butts in, a grin is plastered acros her face. She's wearing a white strapless dress that hugs her curves perfectly. "I'm sure he'll take care of you. Very well." She winks at me and I blush.

"Just relax. Everybody's who's anybody is going to be here," Mom says as she fixes the skirt of my wedding dress. "Okay?"

"Okay," I say. "Thanks, mom." She just rolls her eyes at me and I feel a pang of hurt in my chest. Mothers are supposed to cry on wedding day, right? I guess my mom is a little different.

"To the bride!" Lisa squeals as she bows up and down, again and again, and everyone laughs. Someone enters the room, Lily, with her eyes full of pain and hurt. Oh yeah. He so likes Mason Erwan Ashmore. Lucky me, he's mine. Lily just slumps herself on the big couch and ignores me. Typical Lily Paris. We wait for an hour. Then it's time.

"Listen here, Kitty. Do your best at acting." Mom says sternly and I nod eagerly. I think what I'm going to do is going to be not an act, but simply what I'm feeling: love. It's not going to be an act, becuse it will be the truth. When I walk on the tiled floor of the church, I want it to be real but not an act. Because I really love Mason with all my heart and soul. Since I was 9 years old. And I hope he'd love me back.

"Kitty Paris Ashmore," says Lisa who is grinning at me, her eyes full of excitement and satisfaction as she sees me in my wedding dress. "Sounds good. Really good."

"Yeah..." I say, unsure of what to say. Although I keep replaying it my mind, it does sound good and very surreal. "He'd love me back, would he?" I told Lisa about my true feelings for Mason and she didn't disappoint me. She never tells anyone.

"Yes, I'm sure of it. You're very pretty, Kitty." Then she snaps her finger at me, remembering something. "Oh! Tell Mason don't get rough and wild in the bed with you!" My eyes widen. I can feel the blush creeping up on my rosy and puffy cheeks. I feel flustered. My jaw is hanging and she closes it with her index finger. She smirks. I think of it, Mason on top of me, doing naughty things to me. Oh God. Calm your hormones, Kitty. Calm it! Lisa, as if reading my mind, says, "Loving the feeling, eh?"

"Shut up, Lisa Roque!" I burst. She laughs, along with Jane and Tiffany. Lily seems pretty pissed at me. But who cares? The love of her life will be mine. Ha!

After that mini talk, we head to the church where Mason and his family are waiting for me. I begin to panic as I see the people wandering around, dress in white, waiting for me. I step out and I feel myself getting weaker and weaker as I take a step. Every step seems to pound on the stoned floor.

When I enter the church, the gold and white wall greet me. Aisles and aisles of chairs with people on it are waiting for me. On the side of the Altar, Mason and his best man are standing there, looking good and yummy.

I can feel my body stiffens, I don't know what to do. There are so many people, and in any minute, I'll be walking. Hundreds of pair of eyes will be watching me as I walk towards him, towards my love. I shouldn't be nervous right now. I take a deep breath.

Suddenly, it's starting. There are kids walking towards the altar, picking some petals in their basket, throwing it in the air. My father is in my left, and my mother is in my right. My mom puts an arm inside mine, so does my father. And together, we walk towards to my future husband (in any minutes).

Mason stares at me, with his intense blue eyes looking at me. I can't concentrate at all. With his dark hair slicked back, he looks like a god. My heart is beating so fast, maybe trillions beats per second? My mother kisses my cheek and so does my father, then he gives me to Mason. And suddenly, I feel like I'm melting with his touch, a smile is tugging in my lips.

And the wedding ceremony starts.

"I, Mason Ashmore, take you, Kitty Paris, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life." Mason says to me. His eyes are looking straight into mine and I can barely concentrate.

This is my time to say the pledge, but it seems like I can't as the words stuck deep in my throat. My heart is beating so fast, and I am not calm. I guarantee that. I'm afraid that I'd ruin this marriage ceremony. I look at my mom and gives me a motherly smile. She's always been supportive of me. It's fake.

"I – I.... I..." I stutter, take a deep breath, and restart again. "I, Kitty Paris, take you, Mason Ashmore, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life." I sigh in relief. "I will love you for eternity, and I swear to God, no one will ever divide my love for you."

The priest says "You may now kiss the bride." And Mason doesn't hesitate, he grabs my face and kisses me deeply on the lips. My whole body stiffens and I want to melt in his arms, I kiss him back and the crowd roars at us. Cheering at us.

Just got married, I think.

My name is Kitty Paris Ashmore, the wife of Mason Ashmore. Yipee!