Chapter 15

*Zoe's Point of View*

I sit in a small unoccupied room with Alfie, waiting for a doctor to come and speak to us. Hanna was taken away in an ambulance, the truck driver was taken away by the police and Alfie and I came to the hospital in the police car. Alfie, who had seen the accident, is in utter shock and hasn't spoken a word since. Finally after half an hour waiting, the doctor steps into the room, closes the door behind her and sits down on the bed.

Dr. Page: So, Mr. Deyes, can you please tell me exactly what happened.

Alfie just sits there; staring into nothing.

Me: Alfie has been affected really badly by seeing such a close friend get hurt.

Dr. Page: I understand what he is going through Miss Sugg, I see it every day. Mr. Deyes, what you tell us will help us treat Miss Lilwall.

Alfie: Well umm...

I place my hand on Alfie's knee to show that I am there for him.

Alfie: Hanna and I had an argument on the doorstep of Zoe's house. See, we have just come out of a bad relationship and we are still not getting on very well.

Dr. Page: This relationship, how long was it?

Alfie: Two and a bit years.

Dr. Page: Was the relationship coming to an end over a few months or...

Me: It is confusing. But they weren't having any arguments at all before the break up.

Dr. Page: So Miss Lilwall wasn't struggling from depression or suicidal thoughts because of the hardness of the relationship?

Me: No not at all, or I would know. The end of the relationship was down to one drunken mistake that she made.

Dr. Page: Ok... So does this give her a reason to still be mad at you Mr. Deyes?

Alfie: Not really, it was Hanna who really caused out split to happen. But there is still some complication.

Dr. Page: I understand. What happened after the argument tonight?

Alfie: Well Hanna had had enough and walked away. I decided to go after her. Han started to run and she was obviously not paying attention to the outside world as she didn't see the truck coming. It hit her straight on and she landed head first on the ground.

Dr. Page: Thank you Mr. Deyes. We will get back to you on the process of your friend as soon as possible.

Me: Can we see her?

Dr. Page: No. Come back tomorrow. We have to do some checkups tonight on Miss Lilwall so she can't have visitors for a while. I'm sorry.

And with that, Dr. Page left the room leaving Alfie and I speechless.

Alfie: Well it looks like I better go; it will take me ages to get home.

Me: Stay at mine Alf, Joe is out so you can stay in his room.

Alfie: Thanks Zoe. Talking about Joe, you should tell him about Hanna.

Me: I'll do that now actually.

I get my phone out of my pocket and call my brother who is at the pub with his mates.

Joe: Yo sis!

Me: Are you drunk?

Joe: No, just a bit tipsy!

Me: How many have you had?

Joe: About 6 beers and a few shots...

Me: Joe!

Joe: What? I like to drink!

Me: Well I was phoning you to tell you that Hanna has been in a car accident and is currently in hospital.

Joe: Oh well, she will still be there in the morning so I will see her then.

Me: Are you not bothered about this? Do you not want to know the details? She is your girlfriend Joe, I would expect you to be running home to see what has happened.

Joe: Yeah right! She was just using me, I can tell. She still loves Alfie!

Me: Are you serious?

Joe: Why would I lie to you, you're my sister.

Me: Ok then, bye Joe.

I place my phone back in my pocket. I obviously have a shocked and confused expression present on my face as Alfie looks at me weirdly.

Alfie: Is everything ok?

Me: Yes, Joe is going to see Han tomorrow. Let's go home Alf.

We arrived home about 10 minutes later. We have just had dinner and I head up to my room. I walk into Joe's room to find Alfie in his boxers sitting on the bed looking at his phone.

Me: Night Alfie.

Alfie pats the bed next to him, indicating for me to sit down.

Alfie: That was just Dr. Page on the phone.

Me: What did she want?

Alfie: Hanna is in a coma and has extreme damage to her skull. Hanna will have to have operations to try and sort it out. She has also broken both her legs.

Me: We will see her tomorrow Alf. She will get better soon, I promise you.

I hug Alfie. We have always had a sibling relationship and seeing him upset breaks my heart. Alfie kisses my forehead and whispers 'Goodnight' into my ear. I pull away from the hug, watch Alfie climb into bed then I turn the light off and shut the door behind me.