Chapter 66 "Restraint"

Claire

I stood watching Luke's back while he was painting the wonderful lake in front of him. Looking at the beautiful scenery and the man I loved was something I wouldn't get tired of. I never thought I would live the day where I would see myself feeling contented and happy. And it still felt all surreal.

As I watched in my heart's content, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see my twin sister. I put my hand atop hers on my shoulder, rubbing my thumb on her skin. 

"You look happy," she said softly. I smiled at her and nodded. 

"I am, so much." I answered, looking back to Luke with so much love.

"I'm happy for you both. I thought Luke would never found his way again but I'm glad you found him and... guided him back to his path." I felt her smile on that words she said.

I smiled and pulled her arm so I could rest my head to her shoulder. It always felt nice to do something like this with Rhel, I would never get tired of this. "Will you stick around for a bit?" I asked, hopeful she would agree.

"You know I'm always around."

It was nice hearing her say that, "I love you. I forgot to say that."

"I love you too, twinny..." she said as she pinched my nose, causing me to hiss, "and... you're getting sappy on me now," she added, chuckling. I looked up to her, holding my nose.

" And you're such a buzzkill." I glared making her laugh and soon after, I joined her laughing. 

How I wished I could stay like this, forever.

I slowly pried my eyes open, and squinted, as everything was turning for a moment. Taking deep breaths, I steady my gaze as it was making me throw up. As my vision was back to normal, I found myself tied up on a chair, my wrists were already aching at the tightness of the ropes around them. Looking around the area, I realized I was in an abandoned place, all I could see were old and damaged wooden boxes around and a table, a distance in front of me. From the looks of it, I was probably in a small abandoned warehouse.

I grew anxious and tried to pull my arms free, but it was no use, it was impossible break free. Sighing in defeat, I stopped squirming and slumped my back against the chair and thought, how did I end up in this situation? What did I do to Luisa that she would do something like this? I thought hard of my past actions and I couldn't recall anything worth kidnapping me. I treated Luisa as my friend and it hurt that she would do this to me. 

When I couldn't think of possibilities, I steered my mind into thinking about the unusual dream I just had. A lone tear rolled down to my cheek when I thought about Rhel. I wished she hadn't died. I wished she was around and that we would have so much fun together. Although I hadn't met her after so many years, I wished she was around to hear me say how much I love her. And even if I was in love with Luke, I would still be happy seeing them together, so long as she was here.  

While my mind was occupied, I heard someone walked in making me look up and saw Luisa, setting down her food on the table. When she faced my direction, she grinned devilishly.

"Ah, you're finally awake Miss. Had a nice sleep?"

I glared at her, "Why are you doing this Luisa? What did I ever do to you to deserve this?"

She chuckled while shaking her head, "That's the thing Miss. You didn't do anything wrong to me. I'm just helping a friend."

Now it was my turn to chuckle mockingly, "Who would, in the right mind, do something like this just to help a friend?" Her brow twitched at my mockery but she quickly composed herself and laughed. She just shook her head, dragging a wooden box to the table and sat on it. As she started digging her food, I heard my stomach grumbled, thankfully she was far enough to hear it. Glancing outside through a broken window, I could tell it was already high noon and considering how spacious outside was, I knew it would be useless to shout for help.