Chapter 7

Ana's PoV

When the guard told me to go, I immediately went to the garden to find the prince.

He was already there when I walked up to the bench, "Are you ready?"

He looked up with a long bow in his hands. "Yes," he answered

I looked skeptically at his bow, but I didn't comment as I walked out into the forest.

"Wait here," I told him before I ran to where my hunters bow was hidden. I grabbed the arrows and put the weapons over my back. I then walked back to where the prince was waiting.

Before I showed myself, I put my brown gloves on, loving how they looked against my arms and the brown outfit I was wearing.

I had made the outfit myself. It was specially made so I could shift in it and shift back still wearing it. I had put a spell on it.

I walked into the clearing and Prince Anthony looked at my bow, "Where did you get that? This was the best hunting bow I could find in the weaponry!"

I laughed. "I made this myself," I explained. He nodded and we walked further into the forest.

I soon scented an elk, and I motioned for Anthony to stop.

"I'm going to try and bring it down, you watch what I do and be ready to take it down if I miss the throat." He nodded and I got into position before following the scent that the elk had left.

I found it in a clearing, and I put myself in the perfect position. I locked the arrow in, and I pulled the string back.

A whizzing sound was heard before the elk collapsed. The prince gasped at how 'savagely' I hunt.

I glanced at him, "I can do it a lot worse."

I then walked up to the elk and shifted before digging a huge hole and dragging the elk in it. I then kicked dirt and leaves over it and shifted back.

Prince Anthony was staring at my outfit, "How?"

I realized that he was talking about how my clothes didn't rip apart. "Oh. I made this too. It won't rip when I shift, or do anything for that matter," I explained.

He nodded and we walked farther into the forest.

I was wondering how he could not figure out that I was his mate. Well, if he saw my looks then any man in their right mind would turn tail and run.

'If I hear you think that ONE MORE TIME, I WILL PERSONALLY RIP YOUR MIND TO PIECES!'

O...kay. 'Urm, Holly? Would you mind not yelling? It can be a bit... loud.'

She grumbled and suddenly barked at me to stay still.

I looked up to find a young buck grazing. I looked back at the prince and nodded to him before shifting in case he missed.

He set up his bow, me still somewhat skeptical about how it would work, and I turned my attention to the animal.

The arrow whizzed and hit the animal in the shoulder. I growled and raced forward, smashing down on the animal's hindquarters. I snapped its neck in one bite. My wolf's beautiful silvery white pelt was now with bloody paws and muzzle.

I buried the buck before shifting back, still bloody, and turning to the prince.

He was staring at my mouth in shock. I licked my lips and yawned, "I want to go for a walk. Keep practicing, and soon you will have the one shot kill down. When you are finished, collect the others."

I shifted again and raced into the forest.