Chapter 3

Rachel woke up to someone climbing into her bed, opening her eyes slowly, she sees Quinn.

"Hey, you're here early." Rachel mumbles upon seeing it's midnight.

Quinn simply tilted her head to the side and raised her left eyebrow.

Opening her arms, Rachel pulls Quinn close. "You weren't supposed to come over until ten in the morning."

Quinn pulled her phone from her pocket and showed Rachel the time. 10 am. Her phone was wrong.

Shaking her head, Rachel pulls out her phone and shows Quinn the real time.

Quinn frowned and stared at Rachel in confusion.

"The time on your phone is off." Rachel says softly, shifting onto her side and kissing Quinn's forehead.

"Off?" Quinn repeated slowly. She shook her head, shaking her hair away from her damaged eye that looked sore and irritated. "S-Same as m-my c-clock."

Cupping Quinn's cheek, Rachel lifts her head and looks into her eye. "Have you had any medicine."

Quinn tilted her head to the side. "M-Medicine?"

"For your eye." The younger girl responds softly.

Quinn swallowed and nodded.

"Do you have it with you?" Rachel asks softly, kissing Quinn's cheek.

"N-no." Quinn said slowly.

Nodding, Rachel sits up more and begins to carefully check her eye. "You have to stop scratching."

"Itchy." Quinn mumbled, reaching up to rub her eye.

Grabbing her hand, Rachel gently pulls it away from her eye. "Why don't we try and go back to sleep before we have to actually go to your speech therapy."

Quinn slumped down on the bed and rolled onto her side, curling up. She didn't close her eyes though.

Smiling softly, Rachel pulls Quinn closer and kisses her cheek.

Quinn shifted so her head was on Rachel's chest. She let out a slow long breath through her mouth.

Closing her eyes, Rachel falls back asleep.

Quinn lay awake listening to the sound of Rachel's heart beating.

It was relaxing to her, and it wasn't long before she fell back asleep.

****

Rachel woke up to the sound of her alarm beeping. She rubbed her eyes and opened them, stretching. A smile graced her lips when she saw Quinn, fast asleep and curled up on the bed beside her. She looked so small.

Yawning, Rachel slowly gets up and goes about her morning routine.

When she came back into the bedroom, Quinn was still asleep but she had stretched herself out across the bed, lying on both sides.

Moving over to the bed, Rachel leans down and kisses Quinn's forehead. "Wake up," she says softly.

Quinn shifted and a quiet whimper left her mouth before she reached up to rub her eyes.

"Come on Quinn, wake up." Rachel says softly, gently shaking her shoulder.

Quinn mumbled something Rachel couldn't make out before opening her eyes and looking at Rachel.

"Let's get you ready for your appointment." The younger girl says softly.

Quinn yawned. "S-Stinky." She said, waving her hand in front of her nose.

Giggling, Rachel helps her up and leads her into the bathroom.

Quinn smiles goofily. "Help?"

Nodding, Rachel gets a toothbrush and toothpaste ready to help Quinn brush her teeth.

Quinn smiled at Rachel around the toothbrush. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Rachel says softly, removing the toothbrush and helping Quinn rinse. "Now let's take care of your hair."

Quinn looked at herself in the mirror before brushing her hair down over her eye with her hand.

"No." Rachel says, brushing Quinn's hair and putting it up in a ponytail.

Quinn frowned, she touched her face.

"You're beautiful." Rachel says softly, cupping Quinn's left cheek.

Quinn shook her head. "N-no. Face is d-damaged f-forever."

Shaking her head, Rachel takes a deep breath and leans in to kiss Quinn gently.

Quinn just stood there, not sure what to do.

Applying a little more pressure against Quinn's lips, Rachel runs her thumb over Quinn's cheek.

Eventually Quinn found her eyes fluttering closed and she leaned in against Rachel.

After a few minutes, Rachel pulls away and smiles softly.

Quinn smiled back at Rachel.

"Are you hungry?" The younger girl asks softly.

Quinn nodded, rubbing her stomach.

Grabbing Quinn's hand, Rachel leads her downstairs to get some breakfast.

Quinn skipped behind Rachel absentmindedly.

Two hours later

Rachel leads an exhausted Quinn into her house, smiling softly. "I'll see you on Monday."

"Stay." Quinn whined.

"Quinn," seeing the look on the older girl's face, Rachel sighs softly and grabs the blonde's hand. "Okay, I'll stay, let me just call my dads."

Quinn nodded, smiling.

Pulling out her phone, Rachel calls her daddy, following Quinn to her room.

Quinn sat down on her bed and smiled as she watched Rachel.

After a few minutes, Rachel hangs up the phone and climbs onto the bed with Quinn. "What do you want to do?"

Quinn thought for a moment before pressing her lips to Rachel's.

Smiling, Rachel cups Quinn's left cheek and keeps the kiss slow and gentle.

Quinn's eyes fluttered closed and she leaned a little closer.

Deepening the kiss, Rachel tilts her head slightly and closes her eyes.

Eventually they both had to pull away for air.

Smiling softly, Rachel lays back against Quinn's pillows and holds out her arms. "Wanna watch a movie?"

Quinn nodded, grabbing her television remote and crawling into Rachel's arms.

Holding Quinn close, Rachel kisses her cheek.

Quinn turned on the television and flicked onto Netflix.

Smiling softly, Rachel lets Quinn pick the movie.

They get through two movies before Quinn is sound asleep in Rachel's arms.

Rachel can't hid her smile as she gently rubs Quinn's side.

Holding Quinn close, Rachel closes her eyes and starts to fall asleep.