Epilogue

On a mountaintop in the Changsphere, a family reunion was taking place.

The air up here was cold, crisp and clean. The scenery was spectacular, so many colours and textures. Rivers chuckled through the valleys between the mountains, towards the gleaming spires of great cities on the horizon. The elephant avatar unfurled her great trunk and trumpeted for joy.

The red dragon avatar kissed the elephant on her wrinkled forehead. Then he wrapped his wings around the wiry humatar with the freckles and the tuft of dark hair, and the humatar laughed and told the dragon and the elephant that he loved them.

They didn’t notice the storm clouds gathering in the sky.

The three avatars were being watched, being stalked, by a kestrel called Joshua.

Hovering behind a threatening grey cloud, the kestrel avatar glared at them, with hunger burnin in his heart. A hunger for life.

The bird of prey could sense life and began to remember... Events from before the Island.

He remembered the doctor standing over his bed, so sombre, and the smell of the hospital ward. Another building: austere on the outside but comfortable inside, with leather couches and organ music playing. There had been some forms to thumbprint, and then...then, he had lain down on one of the couches and plugged himself in, and the pain in his bones had gone away.

Joshua remembered a sea journey taken alone, and thinking how unfair it was that this day had come so soon, before he could find someone to share it with him.

He wanted more than this, more than the half-life he had been living.

And that was what the humatar had, Joshua realised. He had what had been cruelly taken from the kestrel, and from all who had resided on the Island of the Uploaded.

The humatar was alive. And the kestrel wanted – no, he hungered for – that life.

And he was going to take it.

                                The adventure continues in METAWARS 2.0: THE DEAD ARE RISING....

                                                                                                        ....turn the page for a sneak-peek....

<<Awesome! You finished Book 1!  I hope you loved it.  If you did, please give it a vote, a shout-out, and maybe even some love to your friends.  Keep reading because I've included the first chapter of book 2.  The next three books are available as e-books from the usual places (kindle, kobo, itunes) and as real, physical books. I hope you check them out and stick with Jonah's epic adventure.  Jeff>>