Chapter 12

Kayden had known this would happen. Someday that person was going to confront Miracle. And he couldn't risk her safety for anything. The stalker had first threatened him about harming him, his family and their company. Kayden was well aware of his empty threat. Hence, he did not take any severe actions other than maintaining some distance from Miracle for that time period. 

                         The very reason, he had to maintain distance was because of this stupid stalker. But the last straw broke when Kayden received another e-mail from the stalker saying soon he was going to take Miracle and he would just have to sit and watch. That's Kayden decided to take matters in his own hands. The sudden marriage proposal was for this very reason, to have Miracle close to him always. The stalker will have to go over Kayden's dead body before he could reach Miracle. 

                         Yes, the attachments in the e-mail Miracle had received were scary and life threatening. He had finally started reaching for his target and it was Kayden's job to protect Miracle. Even if his life was at stake. He was not about to give up on Miracle only because of some pictures. He couldn't. He loved her. More than anyone else and definitely not like a brother should love his younger sister. But that was proven a long time ago. And he would not hesitate to kill someone, if it was necessary to keep her safe. 

                                 Now the only question remaining was the identity of this stalker. Kayden had his suspicions. And his very first suspect was Dante and he still is. But it seemed Miracle never understood why he insisted she should stay away from Dante. Maybe now she would understand everything. His intentions were always good when it came to her, except for the part where he felt like devouring every single inch of her body. And within past few days or hours, he had realized that, the attraction was mutual. It was pretty evident. The way she looked at him, her beautiful green eyes shining with hunger and need to satisfy their carnal desires. She was ready to be his, completely his and only his. And he belonged to her. Everyone single person in their vicinity knew that, except her. Kayden was whipped the very moment he laid eyes on her in the hospital. That was twenty five years back, when she was born. His mother believed he was a goner even before Miracle was actually born. But then again that sounded a bit creepy.

                                         Miracle slightly stirred in her sleep, effectively bringing Kayden out of his thoughts. She had fallen asleep right after he told her about the stalker. He could understand her condition. She was both mentally and physically exhausted. If he was thrusted into such situations every few months, he would have gone crazy. Comparatively, Miracle was handling things quite well.

                      After sometime, one of the flight attendants had come and informed him, that were going to be landing soon and to wake Miracle up. But he didn't instead he let her sleep and woke her up when they had finally landed.

                                "Where are we going, Kay?" Miracle said as they made their way towards the airport shops.

                             "We are going to buy rings."

                             "Here? Why here?" Miracle asked not understanding, why he was in such a hurry, when she remembered all that had happened in the past few hours.Realization hit her like a baseball bat on her head. And without asking any more questions she, herself dragged Kayden to the shop.