s e v e n t e e n

how can we live forever
when our love can never be

B E L L A HAD SOMEHOW CONVINCED EDEN to ride with Alice and Edward to school, despite it being quite awkward

B E L L A HAD SOMEHOW CONVINCED EDEN to ride with Alice and Edward to school, despite it being quite awkward. They may live together and sit together at lunch, it was easy to avoid making eye contact or have conversations, however in a small car it was entirely a different case. Edward was driving, so Eden held the seat belt tightly and gave her rare prayer to any high being out there. Her eyes would accidentally share eye contact with Edward's golden ones through the rear view mirror and each time it would end up with him awkwardly coughing and Eden pretending to listen in the conversation between Bella and Alice.

Eden suddenly felt a shift in the air, noticing Edward had his hands clenched tight on the steering wheel, his knuckles straining in an effort not to snap it into pieces. His eyes were narrowing at something which caused the girls to straighten up.

"Promise me you two will stay in the car," Edward asked sternly making Bella and Eden curiosity rise. She then recognized the way his eyes were glazed- he was listening to a conversation. She grew even more confused, wondering why Edward was acting so strange, who was he hiding she wondered?

"That depends," Bella answered carefully as they pulled into the school parking lot, her brown eyes narrowing at Edward. Her plump lips were pursed in a straight line. Eden was growing impatient, she brought her fingers to her pouty lips and began to bite them. It was a bad habit when she was nervous, impatient or bored... it was a bad habit she had in general.

"I was afraid you would say that," Edward replied, still eyeing something that the two girls couldn't see, his posture was stiff and he seemed to be panicking. The girls' questions probably weren't helping the current situation.

"What's happening? Why do we have to stay in the car?" Eden demanded, her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as she pursed her lips, she was really confused and Eden hated being confused, she preferred knowing what's happening and why but right now she didn't know any of that and frustration was eating her up. He quickly looked into her eyes in surprise. She hadn't talked to him in weeks and it was a surprise for both of them.

"Nothing's happening," Edward replied, knowing it was a dumb reply. Edward wasn't sure she could handle it if she found out, to which the were-coyote let out a growl. She didn't like being kept in the dark. Eden attempted to look out the window but Edward quickly grabbed her arm before she could even move. She felt her anger rise, how dare he lay his hands on her. She felt her claws slowly come out as she grabbed his hand, blood seeping out before she harshly pulled his cold hands away from her arm. Eden let out a disgusted noise and rubbed where his hands laid, as if he was a bug she smacked away. He rolled his eyes at her childish behaviour to which she stuck her tongue at him.