Chapter 14

Quinn turned slowly, her brown eyes wide, to stare in the blue eyes of Dravon, now cold and piercing

"What the hell are you doing here?" he demanded to know.

"Forget the reason why I was here." She gripped his other hand. "Dravon, that door... I felt a presence behind it... even a faint voice." Dravon remained unresponsive, his hand cold under her touch. She turned over to glance at the carved door and her eyes widen a tad more. The door now resembled a normal wooden door without the consistent violent shake. How was that even possible? She knew someone was behind that door. The air suddenly felt icy and she trembled against her will.

Dravon's hand tightened on her shoulder and one second later, she was back in her suite where he quietly made her sit on the edge of the bed. Quinn watched him closely. In the darkness, he looked menacing and dangerous...someone you wouldn't dare to mess with even by mistake. He paced forth and back for a while, then turned to face her, his expression unreadable.

"Quinn you better listen to what I will say carefully. I hate to repeat myself."

She swallowed the words she was about to mutter and stared at him, still shook by what happened. She knew when to shut herself and listen, not bothering to think what the circumstances could be if she pricked his nerve. He was the most powerful immortal on earth after all.

"You can roam around any corner of my Gothic mansion, but never the west wing." He paused, his face still menacing and grim. "Am I clear?"

"But there was someone there, Dravon. I have felt his presence," she repeated.

"Quinn, that door has remained closed since 1817. Nobody can enter there."

He reached forward and kneeled before her, his hand gently caressed her cold cheek.

"Sweetheart, be a good girl and do as you are told!," he said softly. Quinn was not fooled by his tone. There would be consequences if she dared to defy his warning. He rose up and marched towards the door.

"Dravon," she muttered. He turned his arrogant head to face her, his gaze disturbingly piercing.

"You are hiding things from me. I thought we were supposed to protect each other and share things. That's how we were meant to be in Infinity Coven," she snapped.

Dravon crossed his arms across his broad chest and leaned back slightly upon his heels, his gaze unreadable but he said nothing. Then, when she thought he would never reply, she heard his voice.

"My coven, my rules. I will lead the way I want and if I have to break those rules for anyone's welfare, so be it." He paused, allowing her to assimilate that. "I will not tolerate anyone questioning my authority, Quinn. So be warned!"

Quinn faced him, chin up, her brown eyes sparking furiously.

"Unbelievable! You need me as the saviour but you refuse to share things with me." She took a quick breath then added. "How very ironic!"