Chapter 24

When Quinn opened her eyes, she found herself protectively wrapped in strong arms

When Quinn opened her eyes, she found herself protectively wrapped in strong arms. Dravon's lips hungrily trailed kisses on her bare shoulders and neckline. His kisses made her skin flush and her blood in her veins warmed. The contentment of togetherness and pure joy she got with spending alone with him was addicting. She felt safe, needed and was loved and accepted for being who she really was...not for being the daughter of the tycoon Byron Richards. People valued status and wealth more than true emotions in New York.

But this time, she had found home. She refused of letting go of this. And the circles of spells which binded them brightened with a majestic force. Seconds later, the rings tightened around them, a surreal heat warmed their bodies, then slowly wore away.

Quinn sighed, still being held in his arm, her breathing once again steady while Dravon stroke her hair gently. "Do you feel the increase of power flowing in your veins?," Dravon questioned softly. Nodding, Quinn closed her fist when Dravon gently let go of her and opened it again with small balls purple flames dancing rhythmically.

The ground trembled then with the curtain rose wildly up and the black candles on the chandelier lit up by a violent breeze. The red flames burned bright, manifesting. The door behind them shook uncontrollably, it's doorknob turning by itself. Wide-eyed, they stared with bewilderment as the door slowly opened with a creak.

"We really need to get out of here," Dravon urged as he grabbed Quinn's arm and they ran in the corridor. They heard the door bang shut and creepy murmurs in Latin. But Dravon ignored all of that, in a hurry to run away from his evil uncle's west wing.

As soon as they stepped outside of the forbidden west wing, the door banged closed.

Heaving a sigh, Dravon closed his eyes and telepathically reached for the five chosen members.

Quinn opted for a quick shower to refresh her mind. Her stomach was churning terribly. She feared that something wrong had already happened. But somehow she knew the worst was yet to come.

Eyes closed, she felt her tense body relax slightly as the thick drops of hot water poured down on her. A strong scent of black orchid filled the air when she used the shower cream in a hurry.

Dressed in a black sleek jumpsuit, her hair naturally curled and her face bare of makeup, she ran off the stairs when she heard familiar voices in the study.

The door was wide open when she walked in. She gazed around to find Jade perfectly poised on the couch, an upset Lisa by her side. Jason leaned by the window, his back to them, busy pulling the red velvet curtain to his side. Ash and Shade occupied their respective seats, their drinks in their hands.

"Where's Dravon?," Quinn asked when they all gazed at her.

Jade glared at her. "Now that you're finally here, he won't be afar."Quinn rolled her eyes and ignored the high-pitched tone Jade used when talking to her.