0

R E A L I T Y

"Y'know Rade, the world sucks, but it's the only place where you can get a decent meal"

Rade listened to him closely, all her attention focused on the middle-aged man.

"The Oasis will make everything better, at least for people like you and I"

"Can I play with it when it's ready?" She asked

"You're not supposed to, but it'll be our little secret" he whispered, crutching down next to her.

She smiled.

"But remember not to say anything. Your mom is gonna kill me if you do"

"Cross my heart, hope to die, i will never do anything like that" she smirked, "what about the keys?"

"You little sneaky booger, you're not supposed to know about that"

"Couldn't help myself. What if I find a key?"

"Y'know everything , that'll be like cheating. You already got your part".

"My part? What is it?"

"You'll see"

Rade looked sad, she wanted to be in that contest and do all the challenges just like any other players on the Oasis. Halliday, noticed her mood change.

"I'll tell you what, helping someone is not against the rules"

Her eyes sparkled with hope. He winked at her and left the room, but stopped at the doorframe.

"But remember, Rade. Reality is still reality, don't take it for granted."