tick tock.

warning: drug use and heavy language are in this chapter

"...xans seem like the best thing to do now."

I raced off the bus, feet slapping against the floor and onto the pavement. I'd been waiting since Saturday to ask this guy about buying more Xanax from him, and I hoped he would say yes. Rushing into the building and slipping past anyone as to not cause a scene, I made it into my first block class. No one questioned me as I slid into my seat in the back. Everyone saw me as the quiet kid, and I was okay with that. I kept tapping my fingers, anxiously, waiting for this guy to come through the door. It felt like a year before he finally stepped into class.

My green eyes flashed up to his and I mumbled, "Hey, bro."

He smirked, "What's good? You had fun at the party."

"Yeah," I let out a choked laugh, "I did. What's your name, dude?"

"Trace," he smiled, "Guess you need to know that if you wanna plug."

I gulped, "Yeah, I mean, those xans were lit."

"I know it, man. You don't have to tell me, I been knew," he joked.

Before I could ask him anymore, class started and I slunk down in my seat. I'll ask him after class then, if he doesn't rush out.

+ + + + +

English was boring, and Trace rushed out of the room before I could even think. I grit my teeth while I made my way through the crowded hallway when I heard someone calling for me.

"Diego!" It was Chelsea and she knew something by the tone of her voice.

I turned to her and smiled, "Yeah?"

"Bro, you were shithoused Friday," she laughed.

"Yeah, I know, bitch," I grinned, shoving her playfully.

"Nah, you were so gone, like I've never seen you," she pressed.

I shrugged, smirking, "Yeah, well, that's just how I was."

"So, you making out with Gus?" she grinned, leaning toward me in interest.

"Whoa, what?" I gasped, I made out with him, when?

Chelsea started cackling, blue hair shaking in the bun on top of her head, "I'm messin' Di! You just set him up with some guy."

I let out a breath, "Thank god. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't remember that."

She raised a perfectly arched brow at me, "So, if you had a gay encounter you'd want to remember it?"

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up. I'm just saying if I did something like that and everyone remembered it, but me, it'd kinda mess with me."

"Yeah, I guess," she said.

We sat down together at break, and I opened a pack of skittles while scrolling on my phone. An unknown number popped up at the top of my screen, and I pressed on the message.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: hey diego

me: who dis?

xxx-xxx-xxxx: u kno who. wanna xan??

me: t? that u?

xxx-xxx-xxxx: yea u wanna xan or not?

me: yea bro hmu

xxx-xxx-xxxx: aight. meet me after school in the lot. i drive the white ford.

me: ight bro